My birthday fatty W/ QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

therealfrosty

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 27, 2012
North Idaho
Hello all, Here is a fatty I made last night for my birthday and it was a hit! I used Italian sausage, Sauteed mushrooms, onions and mozzarella cheese.

The sausage and weave.

I did a layer of mozzarella and the mushrooms and onions then another layer of cheese on top.

All rolled up and waiting for the smoker to warm up!

I also made my version of some ABT'S to go in as well. jalapenos halved with chive and onion cream cheese wrapped in bacony goodness.

In the Cajun Injector for 4 1/2 hrs starting at 205° bumping 10° every 1/2 hour to a max temp of 265°, My trick is to put a Sierra Nevada IPA in the pan, I used a 50/50 mix of Hickory and Mesquite for the smoke (adding about a 1/4 cup at every temp bump.

The ABT'S turned out nicely and they didn't last long.

Had to show off my new knife I got for X-Mas.

I pulled it at 170° IT brought it in the house and loosely wrapped it in foil and rested it for  1/2 hr and the IT got to 180° and it turned out great. None of my friends had even heard of this phenomenon before and were all greatly surprised, I do believe I physically felt my blood slow in my veins while eating it but way worth it.

Thanks guys for all the info and mentoring from here this is truly an awesome and inspiring community! 

-Frosty-

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky