My best friend died, he was the reason I got into Smoking!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eaglewing

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 4, 2008
St. Louis MO
His blood sugar got low and I guess went into a diabetic comma. He stopped breathing by the time the Paramedics got there and they couldn't bring him back...

Years ago he bought the Bandara when Home Depot sold it, and no one in his family appreciated his efforts at smoking meat (which he was good at, it was just them that didn't like it). So he gave the smoker to me. (I actually bought it threw my construction Co. and he never paid me back...
icon_lol.gif
)

ANYWAY,
Here is what it looked like when I first used it and joined SMF back in July of '08.

Then I did a bunch of MODs to it and fixed it up and it's the smoker that Dawn has now!!!

image.php

This weekend I travel to Memphis to get my BIG NEW SMOKER that I will be sharing PICs of real soon. Kinda sad really cuz I was looking forward to seeing his face when I showed him my NEW smoker and how HOOKED I am cuz of what he started...

He was the BEST best friend I have ever experienced so far in life. We went back to high school and at 53yr/old, I bet I don't have another one as good again.

I'm sure when I fire up my new smoker and start in my new venture of catering, I'll make some new ones!!!
icon_lol.gif

I Salute him with a BEER!!!! He was one of the good ole boys!!!

Sorry to hear about your loss - try to keep the good thoughts of the time you shared as your memory and feel free to salute him and talk to him it does help even if you think he cant hear ya

Sugar has killed more than one of my friends . Thanks for sharing the story and if you ever make it to Texas my bet is you will gain a new friend . Just Sayin Godspeed to you and his family .

Man I'm really sorry for your loss of a dear friend and smoking buddy. Now go out there and smoke something for your buddy and have a few for him too.

Sorry about the bad news, brother. You have a good attitude about continuing where he left off, and carrying it forward to a new place, people and time.

Maybe do a dedication to him with your new rig's first smoke?

Keep your chin up, and the smoke blue.

My best,

Eric

Sorry to hear about your loss. I think everyone above me said it best. As long as you remember him and keep doing what you two loved he will never truly die.

I salute your friends memory with a Guinness.

so sorry man... thoughts and prayer your way from minnesota... nice tribute with the smoke and the beer, sounds like your friend would have liked that.. my condolences to you and the family.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky