Muscadine GRAPE Chunks for Pork Tenderloin = Perfection!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

FreeMike

Original poster
Mar 2, 2019
Lowcountry, SC
Long time lurker. First post. Thank you for letting me on.

Have an old muscadine grape vine on the property that needed trimming and decided to give it a try on pork tenderloin. All I can say is "best ever". Smoked with two chunks at 225. Rub was Oakridge BBQ Dominator Sweet Rub. Took just over an hour to reach 140, then tented for about 10 minutes.

Pork_Grape.jpg

Pork_Grape2.jpg

Grape_Smokers.jpg

Reactions: xray
Looks awesome Mike! Pork tenderloin is one of my favorite things to smoke...quick, cheap and easy!

Looks like you got 2 tenderloins trussed together, I’ve done that before. If you separate them, you’ll get more rub and smoke on them.

Thanks xray. We buy them small so tying makes them more tender. I rub both lobes first, then tie together. Tying also reduces smoke flavor. On small tenderloins I find the smoke can overwhelm the flavor.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky