More Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
With all that " R U smoking this weekend" going around yesterday I thought I'd better get off my butt and fire up the SQ36. I found a great deal on a rack of baby backs at Freezermart the day before and I just got a load of hickory delivered to my doorstep from Cabelas. I've got so many Cabelas points that the bill comes to zero, so it's the best wood I can get. I used Chile's Basic Pork Rub recipe after a trip to the Way to get some Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Need I say more? Any time your starting out using "Chile's" and "recipe" in the same sentence you can be confident you are headed down the right path. Got the rack on around 11:30, beer time.
DSCN1248.JPG

Yep, I'm a water pan guy. I just so happened to drive by a garage sale that morning and found ten beauties for five bucks. I rolled along in the 275º-290º range for quite a few beers and tons of spritzing until the ThermPro registered a IT of 203º, then I wrapped the rack in foil and let it rest in a toweled cooler while I had another beer
DSCN1250.JPG

Spooned out some homemade slaw and store-bought deviled egg tater salad, switched over to wine for dinner
DSCN1252.JPG

It's pretty much a "can't miss" dinner and a great way to spend a Saturday in the backyard. Thanks for looking. RAY

Reactions: disco
Looks really good! I bet it tasted good too. Especially with all the beers!

Nice Looking Ribs, Ray!!
A little chilly outside here today, but if that's where your Ribs would be, I'd Rough It!!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Thanks fellas! The only downside to the day was a lot of snap crackle pop going on in the firebox of the SQ36, guess the new load of hickory from Cabelas wasn't quite as dry as usual. I had to split a lot of the mini logs with a framing hammer and hand ax and after 34 years of making a living driving nails I can barely make a fist this morning. Looks to be a day of football, anti-inflammatory pills, and of course, beer! RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky