More cold smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bhambrewer

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 16, 2020
Birmingham, Alabama
White lump in top right = Borgonzola, a blue Brie from Aldi.

Lurking in the cherry wood smoke was what started as 2lb salmon. After an overnight dry brine it went from around 910g to 671g, a roughly 24% weight loss. I'll post back here once it's all smoked with any further weight loss.

smokey.jpeg

Looking good! That borgonzola from aldi is some good stuff. I did a borgonzola and pear stuffed pork chop not too long ago.

Looking good! That borgonzola from aldi is some good stuff. I did a borgonzola and pear stuffed pork chop not too long ago.

I don't do mouldy food.

I eat the heck out of that Borgonzola.

And I never thought of using it to stuff a pork chop, so that's a new option ;)

I don't do mouldy food.

I eat the heck out of that Borgonzola.

And I never thought of using it to stuff a pork chop, so that's a new option ;)
Here is how I did mine. A little bacon would have been nice with it. I bet it would be good with that hunk you have smoking.

Here is how I did mine. A little bacon would have been nice with it. I bet it would be good with that hunk you have smoking.

thanks for the recipe, definitely going to give that a go!

Reactions: Sowsage
after around 10 hours cold smoking, down to 571g, a 37% weight loss. If I smoked it for the full 12 hours Raichlen suggests it may be down 40%+, but Imma hit my bed cos I'm knackered and have enjoyed a decent amount of beer and Spanish brandy tonight :emoji_laughing:

end result with the salmon - salmon kippers. Too smoky, too salty.

But this made Mrs happy, because I am now making kedgeree, and kippers are stupid difficult and expensive to find. Happy wife, happy life
:emoji_smile:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky