Mixon water smokers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Anyone ever cook on one or seen one in action? I know the fuel source is wood. There’s a great deal out there in a 60” that has my interest. Have been holding out for a Lang or Meadowcreek but this is one interesting cooker too.

Would that be the MMS-60C model Jeff? I see on Myron's site they sell starting out at over $7850, and I have no idea what a water smoker is, except expensive! RAY

I think they are overpriced, just like Lang & other popular smokers are. But if you can get a good deal on one, I’d go for it!
Al

Reactions: jcam222
Would that be the MMS-60C model Jeff? I see on Myron's site they sell starting out at over $7850, and I have no idea what a water smoker is, except expensive! RAY
That’s it Ray. I can get that one in pristine condition for far less than new. Trying to dig up more info on the build quality and mechanics behind the auto fill water system. Basically is a stick burner cabinet with a 7.5 gallon water pan above the firebox that auto fills throughout the cook. Capacity is huge, especially with 4 shelves. Can do a 150 lbs hog in it too.

Check out this video Jeff. It looks fairly cool right up until the end when Myron talks about tidy up. By the time you get done emptying the water tank and wiping the entire thing down with Dawn dish detergent you probably could have painted the side of your house. He states that this tidy has to occur pretty quickly after use, I'd imagine while it's still at least warm. That'd be a deal breaker for me, a good old stick burner doesn't require anywhere near that kind of work after use. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky