Microwave steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It's all stuff you should be doing to cook a good steak . Warming the meat , and salting far enough in advance , or waiting until after if you don't have time to let it sit .

I salt the night before , then it gets a 2 or 3 hour rest at room temp before grilling .

Reactions: Timber II
I'm not sure how that would work out, look, or taste. Microwaves heat the water/moisture up in the food to "cook" it. How would that not fubar up the steak and make it shoe leather tough?

Science has been proven wrong before. I mean, it may be perfectly sound. But, No I will not be microwaving a steak. When they come up with a way to properly heat my hot pocket I'll try the microwave steak. Until then, charcoal is the way to go for me.

Jim

Reactions: whistech
Seems to me people buy searing burners on their grills now to sear the outside and leave the inside rare, medium rare, or some place in between.

When one microwaves a steak it is done uniform throughout, I know because my wife likes it this way, evenly done all the way through. Yuck!

I'm sure it works for short notice . Kenji Lopez is a respected voice in my opinion . I look at a lot of his SV stuff .
If I read the daily mail article correctly, Kenji was in complete disagreement with the microwave dude. I remember reading the article at serious eats that is referenced.

I'll use a microwave at work for reheating my suppers, but that's about it.

Chris

I read it the same , and understand that . I agree with what he said .
I also bet it works for short notice of cooking a steak .
I probably could have worded that a little better. My apologies if I sent the wrong message.

• Haha
Reactions: chopsaw
My apologies if I sent the wrong message.
No worries . I didn't take any offence , but was trying to reply so It didn't sound like I did .
I know my original comments could have been taken like I thought he was in agreement .
I think we need to have a nuked steak throw down ?

• Haha
Reactions: mr_whipple
No worries . I didn't take any offence , but was trying to reply so It didn't sound like I did .
I know my original comments could have been taken like I thought he was in agreement .
I think we need to have a nuked steak throw down ?
I wonder how one would write the rules for such a unique throwdown...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky