Michigan Q gathering

Discussion in 'Events' started by kingfishcam, Jul 2, 2013.

1. I just saw this post, I am new to the group and would like to come! We is the deadline for headcount? [​IMG]

2. I don't think we really have a deadline, but will count it up a few days before.

3. Come on Michiganders, I have a ton of smoker to fill up, and enough parking for a kid rock concert!

2 weeks away!

4. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

Kid Rock??! Sign me up!!!

5. I am thinking breakfast fatties on Sunday morning. Anyone??

6. handymanstan

handymanstan Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

We need more participation from hungry Michigan people.  Breakfast fatties with coffee sounds great.

I won't be able to camp but live close enough I can help set up fri evening. Eat and drink sat then come back for fatties and clean up sun.

Stan

7. I am thinking Friday night will be prepping of the fish. Might just throw them in the smoker sat morning so we have an appi-teaser..

Never tried a fatty, figured that weekend would be a good time to start. :)

8. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I'm thinking about bringing some pork shoulder blade country ribs Meijer had on special. I have about 13 lbs and they're boneless. I think that should be enough with the other food there, but we can cut them in half to make them stretch if needed.

I probably won't get there until 12 or 1pm on Saturday, but if I prep them at home that morning and arrive with them ready to go right on the smoker, that should be ample time to cook/smoke right? Jeff usually does his for about 3 hours, so I think it should be good.

9. My ribs usually follow the 3-2-1 time at a lower temp.The best corn on the cob is starting to show up on the stands around me, so I will have that available also.

10. As of today, this is what I have for interested folks with headcount. I can make adjustments in this list as necessary.Kingfishcam 4, Little guy (KFC friend) 2, Scott (KFC friend) 4, Brad 2(my fishing/smoking buddy),Handymanstan 3, Humdinger 3, FWIsmoker?????, Aj6862 1?, Rougerocco ?????, hillbillyrkstr 2,Irv 3, I will also post another "who is bringing what" reply in a bit...

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  11. handymanstan

handymanstan Smoking Fanatic Group Lead

Morning KFC,  I am bringing two friends so that makes three for me.

Stan

12. So far, the food list looks like this:Handymanstan-- Ribs and smoked watermelonKFC--Baked taters and corn on the cobLittleguy--special recipe baked beansHumdinger--pork shoulder ribs, Mac and CheeseScott-- tossed salad Brad--Salad dresing/BBQ sauceBring your own drinks!!!I am working on a BBQ sause and salad dressing doner, unless someone has this covered!

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  13. Got it!

14. fwismoker

fwismoker Master of the Pit

I'm looking like a no go for now but that could change later in the week. Will let you know as soon as I can

15. humdinger

humdinger Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Just confirming what you wrote above. 3 for me (2 adults 1 child) and the pork shoulder country ribs. Also I'll bring my corn bag toss (cornhole), ladder ball, and washer toss games for extra entertainment.

16. Dont forget the mac n cheese!!!!

17. It looks as if I my have to work, not sure just yet and the bad thing is I won't know till the last min. However if I do come I would be bringing 1 other person and also I would do a desert like a cheese cake or some homemade pie. I'm very sorry for not being able to make a honest comittment at this time .

18. I hope it works out!

19. The weather is shaping up for the weekend. Keep tour fingers crossed. The pool is cold, but your welcome if you dare...

Some things I recommend you bring:

Bring your own drinks. We all like some thing different, makes it easy...

Lawn chairs always go well around a campfire

Bug spray. Yes bumper crop of mosquitoes in Michigan this year.

Cameron

20. Location and contact

Just removed until next time....

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013