Michigan Q gathering

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kingfishcam

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 25, 2012
Livingston county, Michigan
Alright folks, I finally have my head above water...

August 10, hopefully a beautiful Saturday, will be my first Michigan gathering Q feat.
We have pleanty of parking, and room for campers if needed. The pool will be open, and pleanty of wood for a campfire.

Needs:

DoodleQ.. You interested in bring the rig for cooking???

Handymanstan.. You still have tables and chairs available?

It would be good for me to know who is coming, who is cooking, and who is camping.

Lets the games begin!

Just might have to do this!  I'm 3 hours south down in Fort Wayne but not a bad drive...up 69

It'll depend on weather for me because i'd be pitching a tent.  Keith

Good Day KFC. A Michigan get together sounds great but  Man you are killing me the 10th is the comp. in Newaygo. I do still have tables chairs and canopy's. I have to decide where to go but you can still use the tables chairs and canopy's we just need to get them to you. If there is any way to change the date that would be cool but if not and you get this going then I will probably make it to your party and try to hit a different comp later.

Stan

So what time frame are you thinking KFC.  Lunch and dinner then a fire at night or just dinner and a fire.

Since DoodleQ can't make it what do we have available to smoke or cook on.

Stan

Stan, thanks for all you have offered!

I have my electric proofer, and that will hold as much as any towable Q I have seen. Plan on max of 235 degrees on that.

I also have my smaller propane smoker, and if course a bbq.

No time set, Friday to Sunday works for me, but I like dinner on Saturday about 6.

If we get some good amount if committed folks, I can just do some 321 ribs or something.????

PARTY IN SOUTH CENTRAL MICHIGAN AUG 10   Come on people in Michigan, Illinois, Indiana ,Ohio.  KFC is willing to put this on the least we can do is take him up on it.
grilling_smilie.gif

I can and will donate up to 10 racks of BB ribs for up to 10 people to compete in a prep and rub competition with no prizes.
wife.gif
   Since all to be smoked together in the proofer just rub glaze and prep.  So show your rub off…
439.gif
yahoo.gif

KFC your welcome, I think I covered some of the meat so we need sides and people to bring and eat them.

I believe I have 18 tables I know I have 15.  I think I have 90 chairs I know I have 70 chairs. I know I have two ice tables and 6 10x20 canopies.

I also have a propane trash can corn-potato cooker and a  electric roaster if needed.

Stan

Whew....looks like I got back on the SMF horse just in time! Things have been a little crazy for me since May and I dropped off the map for awhile. But just yesterday my wife said, "Isn't there supposed to be a Michigan gathering for your smoker group this summer?"
icon_eek.gif
I freaked! So I held my breath and logged back on, praying I hadn't missed it. Looks like I got lucky.

I haven't checked my calendar yet (it's at work), but I'm 90% sure I can make it for the day on the 10th, maybe overnight if I play my cards right with the wife. As for something to bring, I'll put my thinking cap on. For starters, I have a set of cornhole/bag toss boards, a set of washer toss boards (polish horse shoes), and a ladder ball set I can bring to help pass the time between dips in the pool. More to follow. Thanks for hosting KFC.

Hey KingFish,Count me in as well as my wife and daughter. We'll be there Saturday afternoon into the evening.As far as food goes, I can bring a side dish (mac and cheese?) but since I won't be there in time donate meat to the smoker, do you know if we are throwing in $$ to cover the cost of the meat? Let me know. Thanks.

Side dishes will defiantly be needed. I am a pretty simple cooker for the most part. I will probably throw on a baked taters.

As far as a donation, handymanstan would probably accept.

What we get about a week away, I will get a final "list" together of participants and "stuff".

Looking forward to it!

Oh ya, I have a bunch of salmon needing smoking.... I am sure that will happen that weekend also.

I just want to see this party grow. Come on Michiganders lets get together and have some fun and good eats.

The Salmon sounds good KFC and I have a rub I made for smoked watermelon so add that to the list.

Humdinger,  No one owes me anything! The mac&cheese sounds good too. I want to try that cornhole game.

Now lets PARTY

Stan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky