Mexican Beef Enchilada "Pizza": Weird But Delicious (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks amazing! Thanks for posting another super fun cook!
You are more than welcome and thank you for the kind words. Yes, this one was a bit bizarre, but yes, it was also a lot of fun.

Robert

Impressive Robert, that perfect avocado really works for me!
Thanks so much my friend and thank you for the like. I gotta agree with you about the avocados. The cool, rich flavor of them really balanced out all the rest of the flavors going on here. They were the perfect finishing touch.

Robert

That is just beautiful!! What a combo of all my favorite Mexican flavors. I'd love that for sure
Thanks so much buddy. All the flavors came together really well for good balance and an authentic Mexican theme. This will get done again real soon.

Robert

That looks amazing. I'm still a bit new so I could use some guidance hunting for your enchilada sauce and taco seasoning.
Thank you. Fret not, Ill post the recipes here for you so no searching needed. Don't have time right now but should be able to get them out for you tomorrow.
Thank you for sharing oh, and making me hungry.
More than welcome :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: hooked on smoke
There's a whole lot of flavors in that pizza Robert, and it looks fantastic.
Very much appreciate it Chris. This thing was absolutely loaded with flavor...and all flavors that we love. Doing a similar meal tonight on charras with the leftover enchilada sauce.

Robert

Looks stupendous Robert! I need to try this. I like those crusts as well. I did pizzas with them awhile back. And posted here somewhere.

Great idea and a tasty looking pizza, Robert. I like the addition of the avocado at the end there! This might be a good home alone weekend meal for me.

That pizza looks delicious on so many levels. Looking forward to you posting the seasoning and sauce recipes.

I could use some guidance hunting for your enchilada sauce and taco seasoning. I'd like to give them a try.
Thank you for sharing oh, and making me hungry.

Looking forward to you posting the seasoning and sauce recipes
Apologies to you both for the length of time it's taken to reply. Life sometimes just gets in the way. I do appreciate the kind words as well as the interest in the recipes. Here ya go. First is the enchilada sauce. It looks intimidating at the start but it's actually very quick and easy to make.

3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons flour (whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and gluten-free flour blends all work!)
1 tablespoon ground chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoon guajillo pepper
1 teaspoon ancho pepper
½ teaspoon arbol pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
2 tablespoons tomato paste (I just use ketchup)
2 cups vegetable broth
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or distilled white vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste

This sauce comes together quickly once you get started, so measure all of the dry ingredients into a small bowl and place it near the stove. Place the tomato paste and broth near the stove as well.

In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, warm the oil until it’s it’s hot enough that a light sprinkle of the flour/spice mixture sizzles on contact. This might take a couple of minutes, so be patient and don’t step away from the stove!

Once it’s ready, pour in the flour and spice mixture. While whisking constantly, cook until fragrant and slightly deepened in color, about 1 minute. Whisk the tomato paste into the mixture, then slowly pour in the broth while whisking constantly to remove any lumps.

Raise heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, whisking often, for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the sauce has thickened a bit and a spoon encounters some resistance as you stir it.

Remove from heat, then whisk in the vinegar and season to taste with a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Add more salt, if necessary.

Now for the Mexican spice mix I use. This stuff is legit!!

1 T Kosher salt
½ T Oregano
1 T Garlic powder
1 t Black pepper
½ t Chipotle powder
1 T Arbol powder
1 ½ T Pasilla powder
1 T Ancho powder
1T Guajillo powder
1 T Granulated onion
½ T Chili powder
1 packet Sazon Goya

Enjoy folks. I have a ton of Mexican themed recipes so don't hesitate to ask. One of the most popular here is my Ranchero Sauce. A lot of people have found it to be real deal and are having a good time with it.

Robert

Reactions: TKOBBQ1
Very nice Robert , and yes I noticed the GRAVY lol.
Nice blend of flavours and making everyone happy, yourself included
Thanks so much my friend. The kind words are appreciated. The flavors did come together to make a fantastic combination but that "gravy" was the bomb.

Robert

Looks stupendous Robert! I need to try this. I like those crusts as well. I did pizzas with them awhile back. And posted here somewhere.
Thanks buddy. I appreciate it and I guarantee that if you make this, you'll love it. As for the crusts, I do prefer homemade obviously but in a pinch, they are pretty darned good.

Robert

You follow roberts post and you will be in a constant state of hungry. He turns out some great looking meals.
I truly appreciate it Jim but the p[raise is more than I'm worthy of. I just like to do different things...weird stuff if you will that really makes for a varied menu.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
TXS, Nice creativity and a very tasty looking pizza !
Thank you sir!! It was a fun meal, that's for sure and the "creativity" aspect kinda threw a curve ball at Tracy but she got over it pretty quick :emoji_wink:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky