MES electrical problems

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nightowl

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 10, 2009
I have a MES model 20070106 that was given to me last year. I have only used it a few times to do wings. I had problems with getting up to temp and reclaiming after opening the door. I contacted Masterbuilt and they sent me a new controller. It turned out to be loose connections after taking the back off and tightening things up.  So I did a pork butt this past weekend and had problems keeping temps down. Turns out that as soon as I plug the unit in, the element starts heating up even with the controller turned off. I swapped controllers and the same thing. Even with the temp set at 100, it just stays on and keeps going up.  Any ideas what the problem could be?

Sounds like it is wired hot straight to the heating coil.  What did you tighten up?  Was it in the controller or on the smoker?

Masterbuilt has excellent customer service.  Give them another call - I bet they have heard this before and can tell you exactly what is wrong.

Good luck,

Bill

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky