Memorial Day is not just about a day off and BBQing!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fpnmf

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 19, 2010
Fl
Take a little time this weekend and give thanks to those that served..

USAF  air traffic controller  1882 Comm Sq. Phan Rang AB RVN 1971

190974_186661518036790_7243798_o.jpg

Have a great day!!

Craig

My Dad and Mom...

468021_521549114548027_1974094321_o.jpg

Last edited:
Craig you are so right! My Dad and Father in Law Served in Korea.

Here is my son and his daughter...

Kat
Thank you Craig for reminding us all why we can bbq and have a long weekend. I did my time as the wife of a career soldier and have a son that served as well. 
  Yaaaaaaa!!!!

Yes, a big THANK YOU to all our past , present and future servicemen and women . A greater sacrifice than anything we do. Serving and proctecting our Freedom.

WE salute you . . .
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Welcome Home All My Brothers & Sisters!!!

I remember many of you!!!

Long Long Ago, in another land & an altogether different world.

1969, Dong Tam, Mekong Delta, 9th Inf Div.   Note the wedding ring. It was only 5 weeks old!!!

1000x500px-LL-166ca516_VietNamcopy.jpg

Bear

Freedom isn't free! RIP my Brothers... Semper Fi

1st Battalion 9th Marines 79-83

Last edited:
I am soooo enjoying seeing the pictures.  Gives me goosebumps.  I am proud to be an American! 
smilie_flagge13.gif

IF anyone else in SMF land has photos to share......please post them here!

Kat

Like Bear says, long ago in a world far away

For those on eternal patrol /salute

Those still serving, thank you for your service.

SSBN 658(G) M. G, Vallejo 1970-1976

I usually let Pop fend for himself, but I am proud of him too

Pop: 7th Beach Battalion Served aboard the USS Karnes WWII 1942 to 1946

There reunion is next month, there is very few left. There was over 500 originally upon the units comission. The end of the war there was less than 100. Now there is less than 10, Will be 4 at the reunion this year. Its mostly now the families, its amazing how the families became so close over the years. 

Last edited:
Thanks Board and Foam!!!

Craig

My Dad- (RIP)-US Air Corps WW2.1st Lt. Flew 25 bombing runs over Germany.

Me-USN-79-84-E-3 ASWO- I dropped a thousand sonar buoys from helicopters in the ocean to track enemy subs. I also got to fly Marines into Grenada so they could kill Cuban invaders. That was awesome!!

Last edited:
Looking good!!

Craig

Thank you for the reality check Craig. From a fellow vet... thank ALL of you who serve our country, and all those who wait for you at home! May you return safely, and soon.

Bill

"It's not what you've done that means the most ... it's what you're doing."

From Joe Mantegna and Gary Sinise...

“It’s important that regular people just recognize where their freedom comes from, because we take that for granted in this country – we basically only know freedom. But when you go around the world you see  other people in places like Iraq, Afghanistan, when you stand on the border of North and South Korea and realize there are millions of people enslaved, you start thinking about the cost of freedom,” Sinise added. “We aren’t born and privileged with freedom. Freedom is paid for and we are lucky we have a military that defends our freedom.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...to-take-moment-appreciation-on/#ixzz2UUYQydyy

A Friend of mine was explaining to her 5 year of niece about Memorial Day and why we celebrate.  The child thought about it for a few minutes and said:

" Oh, i get it. God uses soldiers like angels to protect us on earth. "

Could not be a better one from a Child!

Kat

[h5]I have been waiting for a break over the years for a little time to enjoy life. This past week I took a few days to just stop & absorb some of the beauty of our country side. Bread was broken & new friends were made. It was refreshing. During that time there were many moments of reflection. Today was memorial day & I hope that everyone takes a moment to realize the sacrifices that our military has made along with the sacrifices the family members have made too. I pray those sacrifices are never in vane.[/h5]

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky