Member Status

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yard dog

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 17, 2008
Wasn't sure where to put this, figured this was as good an area as any.

I was wondering how many posts I have to submit before I can attain a rank higher than "Newbie"? I understand this is just a site related thing and only expresses a members time/posts since joining SMF. I think this is probably the best site there is for info so I'm not knocking it, SMF rocks
rock.gif

I been at this game for a while. I have a horizontal and a verticle that I'm competent with. I have even made a smoker out of a cardboard box, hotplate, and an old skillet, just to see if it would work
biggrin.gif
. The TBS is mandatory at my place, nothing else is acceptible. I plan on buying a membership, but that will have to wait until I can get that tank of gas out of layaway
wink.gif

Again not complaining, SMF is hands down the best. Just wondering what it takes to advance beyond "Newbie" status.

First off, WELCOME !

I remembered a post and found it.
Not exactly how to post the thread so here is what the forum owner says.
(I searched for member rank - if you want to read all the posts)

How to get Rank at Smoking Meat Forums
I have set up the ranking system and to put it simply it is based on the number of posts for the most part.

Everyone with at least one post is considered a New User.. once you gain 30 posts you get promomoted automatically to the rank of

Fire Starter

At 75 Posts you get promoted to

Smoke Blower

At 150 posts you get promoted to

Meat Mopper

And at 300 posts you get promoted to

Smoking Fanatic

If you think these are too cheesy then feel free to make better suggestions.. it is all I could come up with at the time :roll:

I also have 2 other ranks which are only given by me and it is merit based.. i.e. I notice how knowledeable and helpful you are over a given period of time and I think it deserves some acknowledgement. These 2 ranks are Smoking Guru and Trusted Source and anyone can gain that rank if you try really hard to be helpful and show good attitude etc..

I think the ranks are good and it gives you some status within the forum as well as gives you something to work towards... a reason to post and be helpful.

I also plan to have lots of contests and such in order to keep it all really fun :)

Like I said... If you have suggestions I am all ears right now.
OTBS#001

Hope this helps.
SKOL
Vman

Thanks for the quick reply supervman. I under stand now. I wouldn't have ever figured it out without your info. Gonna go add to your rep, again thanx
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for the post. I was wondering the same thing, you just got it posted before I did.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky