Mechanical issue with oki joe highlandr

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had a similar issue. The nut came loose on the damper. Check that and see that’s your problem.

Have to try something before mext cook .it works fine when cold but as warms up, self closing option kicks in. I have a trowel holding vent open

Sounds like a hammer and a piece of wood are in order. Gently tap the vent open when she closes.

Chris

Have to try something before mext cook .it works fine when cold but as warms up, self closing option kicks in. I have a trowel holding vent open
That’s funny you have a hand trowel. When I was using my OKJ I had a mini hand saw sitting on my fire box for the same use lol

I had some problem. My Fix.
bought 2 flat stainless steel washers and 1 lock washer.
put 1 flat inside and 1 outside along with lock washer outside.
No more troubles for me.

I've had to tighten that nut a couple of times but it has been fine for the last couple of months. I may try the mentioned flat and lock washer combo for a more permanent fix. Glad you are back up and running.

George

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky