Meat Grinder Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Can you get some good/close pictures of your worries ??

Here are a few pictures. Hard to tell but the plate is abit scratched up and the first spiral of the auger has a roughness to it now. I don't know if it chipped off or what. The metal shaving was very thin and about a inch long.

1000084068.jpg

1000084069.jpg

Last edited:
My 2¢
Don't grind bones. Not good for the grinder or your Akita.
It takes less than minute to debone a quarter. The bones make a wonderful chicken stock.

Reactions: indaswamp
Here are a few pictures. Hard to tell but the plateis abit scratched up and the ring at the start of the auger has a roughness to it now. I don't know if it chipped off or what. The metal shaving was very thin and about a inch long.

View attachment 696332
View attachment 696333
^^^^torsion pressure

The bones are pushing real hard on the auger as they go through and that is wearing the auger tip down fast....
The tips are replaceable as it is a consumable item. Used properly though, you should get at least 1000# of meat grind with one tip. If you have to replace them any sooner than that, something is wrong with your process, or what you are trying to grind (too cold fat or bones).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky