Maple & Brown Sugar Buckboard Bacon?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks for the tip Tom, I have been meaning to try some of that Hi Mountain cure, I just make my own brine too. If/when I try the Hi Mountain, I will watch out for the salt.

Your bacons look out of this world!! Great job!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Debi - it was an awesome feeling to know I did this myself (with alot of PM's between us - Thanks!), and even better when we had homemade BLT's! I think that next time I make Canadian Bacon, I will use Pork Tenderloins (like you do), instead of Pork Loins, I just wasn't 100% happy with the way the Pork Loins turned out - Yeah, they're Canadian Bacon, but not the Canadian bacon I was shooting for......

cowgirl - Thanks for the compliment. I ordered 4 packages of the Hi Mountain BuckBoard Bacon cure, used 1 + 1/3rd of them, but probably will not use the rest. I also ordered Morton TQ, #1 & #2 curing powders - from now on I will just make my own. I am not sure how you could lessen the Hi Mountain cure to reduce the salt, I would be afraid to lessen the reccommended amounts per pound. I did, however, reduce the cure time to 8 days (called for 10), after reading on SMF, that it was a salty cure.

The other thing that may have made me think it was to salty and to smokey was because I had been smoking all day and while slicing, was nibbling quite a bit. I had a bacon cheeseburger last night, with the BB bacon I made, and it was out of this world - not to salty, nor smokey. Maybe, I just needed a day away from all the smoking and nibbling of smoked bacons????

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky