Lots of Qview for our big Memorial day smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's a huge smoker. How much propane do you go through to heat that thing up? Looks like you're using a turkey fryer burner?

Any way, the meat all looks great. Nice job!
Yep I just use a turkey fryer burner and believe it or not I don't go through that much propane. The first tank I put on there was almost empty. My brother and I ran off to the store to fill my second tank thinking it would be out in two hours  or so. Well for 3-4 hours we kept picking up the tank and saying man its empty how is it still going. I think it ran from 8AM until 4 or 5 then it finally ran out and we put the second tank on. The smoker walls are around 4 inches thick so there is a ton of insulation and it doesn't take much to heat it.

VERY tasty looking Qview there!  Everything looks great!!

Like others here I really like your smokehouse.  I've given thoughts to building one myself.  Did you post your build here. or have pics/plans?  I'd love to check it out.

VERY tasty looking Qview there!  Everything looks great!!

Like others here I really like your smokehouse.  I've given thoughts to building one myself.  Did you post your build here. or have pics/plans?  I'd love to check it out.
I did kind of make a thread but not really. I basically took a huge crate I found at work and build a smoker around/in it. If I were to do it all again I would frame out my smoker to the size I want and then put tongue and groove on the outside and then I am not sure if I would line the inside with tin or not. Mine is soo heavy which is fine as long as you don't have to move it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky