Lots Of Fresh Eggs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Our hens are putting out lots of butt nuggets. So many that our neighbors are stocked up.

These I got today.
20221101_162920.jpg

Over the week.
20221101_162945.jpg

That’s awesome! Our 4 ladies give us 3 eggs/day. More than enough for us and some friends. That much bounty would be a challenge.

How many hens are you up to Rick? We have some young hens that we got the first 2 eggs from today so won't be long for them to get it going there's 9 or 10 of them. The older ones are giving us 10-15 a day. We got into having all kinds of different colors of eggs and most of the hens that lay the blue, green, dark brown, etc don't lay as many eggs a year as the more common tan/light brown hens do. We got 3 white leghorns that should lay a lot of white eggs, more easter eggers which produce decent but not like some breeds, don't remember what the other ones are

Nice. I found a guy couple weeks ago. Got four dozen yesterday. Been looking through your threads for something to do with them. Think try that pickled one you have.

How many hens are you up to Rick? We have some young hens that we got the first 2 eggs from today so won't be long for them to get it going there's 9 or 10 of them. The older ones are giving us 10-15 a day. We got into having all kinds of different colors of eggs and most of the hens that lay the blue, green, dark brown, etc don't lay as many eggs a year as the more common tan/light brown hens do. We got 3 white leghorns that should lay a lot of white eggs, more easter eggers which produce decent but not like some breeds, don't remember what the other ones are
We have 14 hens, no roosters.
Going to add 4 easter hens and 2 bantams in Dec.

No farmer's market to unload those cackle berries?
I was selling at Rineyville farmers mkt but they are done until April, so I just sell from the sign I posted down by the road or just give to neighbors when they need.

I would love to have a few chickens, cause I eat eggs every day. Grits & eggs for breakfast for years!
Al

Our hens are putting out lots of butt nuggets. So many that our neighbors are stocked up.

These I got today.
View attachment 647613

Over the week.
View attachment 647614
Man I wish I had a neighbor that raised fresh non-factory eggs. 🙁

I would gleefully pay $10 a dozen for some fresh, natural eggs with firm plump almost orange yolks and whites that do not run across a pan like they are water.

I envy you, sir - in a positive way! :emoji_thumbsup:

Reactions: sawhorseray
Man I wish I had a neighbor that raised fresh non-factory eggs. 🙁

I would gleefully pay $10 a dozen for some fresh, natural eggs with firm plump almost orange yolks and whites that do not run across a pan like they are water.

I envy you, sir - in a positive way! :emoji_thumbsup:
Was at creepmart today, brown eggs $5.49 dz.

Temperatures exceeding 90°F can cause your hens discomfort. Any hotter and there’s a risk of heat stroke or other heat-related complications. Signs a chicken is too hot are labored panting, staggering, and little to no eating. The ideal temperature for chickens and egg-laying is between 65-75ºF

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky