Looking for a new toaster oven

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Newglide

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 14, 2021
NC
My combo toaster oven/airfryer is on it's last leg and I am on the hunt for a replacement.
I bought my current oven a couple of years ago based on cost and it had some features I liked. I want to get a good one that will last this time. I don't mind sepending a couple of bucks for a good one since I use it alot.
I have been looking at an Omni Plus, I like the added rotisserie feature. I looked into the Ninga but it didn't look very tall, looked more like something a pizza would do good in.
Any thoughts on a good combo toaster oven air fryer?

Reactions: JLeonard
I been running a Cosori for maybe 2 years, it has a rotisserie that will do about a 4lb chicken, seems to work well as far as temps go, it wont hold a 9x13 pan if that has ears on it, wifi to tell you when preheated or time is up, I like having digital temp control as it's normally closer so that's about my only requirement. The AF basket holds a good amount of stuff I shouldn't eat lol

We use the Breville counter oven, probably more than we use our proper oven. It works fantastic, and for just the 2 of us its large enough for most meals we cook. I can fit a 12 inch cast iron pan in it, so pretty large yet small enough to heat up fast. And with it being convection, it cooks the food evenly and quickly.

Yes it can do toast as well, but we generally use a toaster for that not the oven. I think you can also get one that also does air-frying, but we just went with the convection option and thats good enough for us.

We use the Breville counter oven, probably more than we use our proper oven. It works fantastic, and for just the 2 of us its large enough for most meals we cook. I can fit a 12 inch cast iron pan in it, so pretty large yet small enough to heat up fast. And with it being convection, it cooks the food evenly and quickly.

Yes it can do toast as well, but we generally use a toaster for that not the oven. I think you can also get one that also does air-frying, but we just went with the convection option and thats good enough for us.
looks like the Emeril oven I see on TV

Reactions: Newglide
We have a Ninja SP351. I think they are the handiest things. Heats up much faster than the oven.

I have had the Breville. Great oven but $$. I replaced it with a Nuwave and it worked just as good as the Breville. Used it for several years than found a great price on a Ninja and since most my small appliances are Ninja's I had to buy it. It also works great. Has a few different fan speed options and the best high speed of all them. Ninja-DT200-Foodi-8-in-1-XL is the model I bought at the time. Only complaint is says it is preheated in like a minute and it needs more time than that. The other ovens seemed to heat faster.

I try to buy most my stuff Renewed. Save so much $$ and I never had a problem.

Last edited:
Been using a Breville for quite a long time. Absolutely love it. With only two of us, it gets the lion's share of the kitchen duties vs our built-in oven. Make sure what ever you get it has an internal light that can be controlled from the front panel.

We've gone full circle in the air fryer world. I all started when the principle enabler (mama) bought me one for Christmas to test the waters. It was one of those circular ones that top loads. So, we got it out and decided to try wings. Little guy only held about 4 wings (whole) but they came out real nice I believe it was an Ultrean model. I knew right then if we were going to do this I needed to upgrade. Went head-first into google. Also asked a couple of my good culinary friends what they were using. The main winner was the Cuisinart analog product. We decided on analog cause all that digital crap is just a failure point. We paid around 2 bills and haven't regreted it.I'm sure there are bigger and fancier, but his can do about 8 huge wings (still connected) Mama also like to do chops, chicken thighs and the like. Haven't really tested the toaster oven feature as our old Avanti toaster oven is still hanging by a thread. I have no regrets or concerns on buying this.
be careful when googling as there are a lot of Chinese knock offs.
Here's a best buy link : https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cuisin...lRzuuGcsXitbsU330fhoCfhgQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm a long term Breville owner, and have been satisfied with all of our Breville purchases, one being a toaster oven which replaced our traditional oven for about 80% of the needs of just the two of us. We had that oven for 6 years that expired about 3 months ago by accident. I was working at home one day when the cleaning ladies were there when I heard a very large crash in the kitchen. When I got there I found a sobbing cleaning lady and the oven with a cracked window on the kitchen floor. I plugged it in and there was nothing. After I calmed the cleaning lady down I threw the oven in the trash and ordered the current Breville model from Amazon. It arrived the following day and all's good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky