• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Leg O’ Lamb

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Rolling a leg O lamb for pulled. It’s a small bone in. I injected with a mixture of apple juice, ACV, STPP, woorsy, salt and garlic. Mopping with a mixture of white wine (pinot Gris) lemon juice. Seasoned with Cavender’s Greek, garlic and rosemary.

IMG_2035.jpeg

IMG_2036.jpeg

IMG_2037.jpeg

In just over 2 hours.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
Looking good Eric… I have recently been exploring some Greek food/seasonings… tasty stuff! My love for gyros led me there…

That lamb is gonna be mighty tasty!

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Looking good Eric… I have recently been exploring some Greek food/seasonings… tasty stuff! My love for gyros led me there…

That lamb is gonna be mighty tasty!
Thank you Justin. Give that Cavender’s a try, it’s delicious and great for gyro meat.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Looks like your on the right track Eric. I'll be waiting at the finish line.

Point for sure
Chris

BTW I like how they say semi-boneless. What is there a bunch of bone chips in the meat. A bone is a bone geeze.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
BTW I like how they say semi-boneless. What is there a bunch of bone chips in the meat. A bone is a bone geeze.
Not sure either. The bone runs all the way through to both ends. Maybe they remove the funny bone? Hahaa, oh wait, that would be in the front leg, yeah I got nothing then. Lol

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
I do a lot of lamb roasts Eric, smoked, on the Ronca spinner, even a couple sous vide. What temp do you take them to that makes the roast pullable? I'd bet it's wonderful. RAY

normanaj

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 2, 2014
Nice!

Great minds think alike. Got a boneless butterflied leg on right now.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
I do a lot of lamb roasts Eric, smoked, on the Ronca spinner, even a couple sous vide. What temp do you take them to that makes the roast pullable? I'd bet it's wonderful. RAY
Thank you Ray, I wanted to spin this one real bad but wind gusts are 50mph today so not happening on the roto. Pellet pooper instead because it’s sheltered.

Just like beef I take these to about 200F IT, more of a probe tender than actual IT. I do inject the legs, the shoulders when I can find them don’t need injection but still benefit.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
We love lamb, but never thought of taking it to the point of pulling. I'm in for this...

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018

Not sure either. The bone runs all the way through to both ends. Maybe they remove the funny bone? Hahaa, oh wait, that would be in the front leg, yeah I got nothing then. Lol
They remove the aitchbone which is basically the hip bone. Still, it's either got a bone in it or it doesn't...

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Nice! My weather altered dinner also, so off we go to pick up not a gorgeous looking leg o' lamb. Damn that looks tasty!!!

DougE

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 13, 2010
Looks great so far and I'm drooling all over the plate I have ready for when it finishes.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Running at 7 hours and at 185 IT meat is still tight.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Looking good. I've got one leg left I found in the freezer last week. I really like it pulled.

Winterrider

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 29, 2018
Looks pretty darn good. I have to fess up, I've never eaten lamb( that I am aware of ) and my grandfather use to run a little over 100 head with his cattle

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky