Left(West) Coasters

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

placebo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jul 24, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I know this board has been going through a fairly rapid growth spurt so I figured it was time to see how many neighbors I have here now.

So shout out if your from this neck of the woods and lets see how many we have now.
PDT_Armataz_01_11.gif

Actually I had. I wasn't sure if everyone has seen that or marked themselves so I thought I would just ask. If I'm out of line please delete the post.

Thanks

Your not out of line, I was just wondering if you had checked out the site map.

Okay- all you West Coasters-shout out- Placebo wants to know where you're at!!!

Well then you probably saw me waving from Oxnard. I've been kinda curious myself to see what neighbors we have near us...or at least the neighbors that have been slacking on the map. maybe we could work out a west coast SMF gathering sometime

Thanks Dutch! Maybe this will help get some more folks to put a pin on the map. It did for me hehe.

Thats what I was hoping to gear this thread towards Brennan. Seems we are very outnumbered by our brethren on the east coast. Please pardon my lack of geographical awareness but.... where exactly is Oxnard? Is that in SoCal? NM I see your pin now, you are indeed in SoCal. You have a few more in your area than I do, hopefully more will turn up soon.

Yo Placebo, I'm from Whittier, Ca. Yes it is So.Cal. or as my Wyoming son calls it "Cali". Same word usage in So. Idaho, must be a generational thing. Brennan is closer to you than myself, I'm about 2 hrs. south of Oxnard. Salvage Gato is from San Jose.

Thanks for the responses guys. Looks like we need to do some recruiting! So should we put something together would anyone have any suggestions for a semi common local?

Central Coast California Checkin' in.. I'm a few miles from the epicenter of Santa Maria BBQ Tri Tip.

biggrin.gif

I have a neighbor that I bug every time I see him to join the forums as he is just getting into smoking as well...unless he joined already... not sure. anyhow, depending on how far folks are willing to drive, finding a location for a gathering may be a little difficult.

big sur is my favorite place in the world. i was married there, and it is kinda in the middle, right? central-north california coast, you know; where the biggest trees in the world meet the ocean? i know im a newbie and all, but im pretty familiar with the area, and would love to help find a place if need be.

Funny you should mention that Jack. I was born and raised in CA and I have yet to see the giant redwoods in real life. I think that would be a great place if we can pull it off.

its amazing, the drive on pch alone is the only national attraction that is a road! we were married at this place called fernwood resort, it has a restaraunt there called the redwood grill, huge massive smoker, you have to check out their webpage and click on the restaraunt icon and see what im talking about. the guy who owns it and catered our wedding was on the bobby flay show and makes awesome smoked meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky