Last weekend Bacon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Happy wife as they say.
I throw them in the dishwasher after a smoke and that usually does the trick.
And yes, more work for sure.

Bear, on another note, I have been placing the AMZPS on the bottom of my MES sitting on a fire brick.
I see that you use the bottom rack, do you have good luck with that more so that placing it lower?
The AMZPS did snuff itself after the first row on my bacon smoke.

That’s some beautiful looking bacon! I’m look forward to doing more soon. Congrats on the carousel ride.

Bear, on another note, I have been placing the AMZPS on the bottom of my MES sitting on a fire brick.
I see that you use the bottom rack, do you have good luck with that more so that placing it lower?
The AMZPS did snuff itself after the first row on my bacon smoke.

The place I put it, with the chip dumper pulled out about 3", allows air to come in the Dumper hole, and pass by the AMNPS.
Putting it on a brick, or anything solid, blocks air flow from below the AMNPS.

Bear

Well I needed an excuse or motivation I guess to get my old SLICER into working order so I dry brined (sp) some bacon.
Almost 12 pound skin off belly from Costco, brined for 2 weeks in foodsaver bags, soaked for 2 hours in a water bath, into the fridge uncovered over night. The brine was a combo of different recipes I found on SMF also pink cure.
During this period I took to cleaning up my slicer.
And on the final day a 5 hour smoke to 145° at 180° I let it cool to room temp and firm up over night in the fridge before slicing.
Pretty darn tasty if I say so myself and it was fantastic frying it up for some BLT's and having an endless supply of bacon on a tray.
The Belly:
View attachment 459306
The Brine:
View attachment 459307
The Smoke (MES 40 with AMZNPS):
View attachment 459308
The sway on the MES is 20°:
View attachment 459311
Internal temp.:
View attachment 459312
The Final Product:
View attachment 459309
This is the tray O' bacon missing a few stacks for the BLT's (no shots of them had to eat). I did to some full length strips but listening to the wise advice provided on this forum I cut the slabs in half (much easier to package and cook).:
View attachment 459310
Thanks for lookin.
Wow ! Looks Delicious

Looks great! Mind if I ask what therm setup?
The thermometer is an iGrill 2 from before Weber bought them out and before everyone else started coming out with reasonably priced units.
I like it but the range could use a little help.

looks wonderfull. I have 1 slab left I need to get done. , congrats on the carosel ride to bro/ , you ought to try it with the skin on next time...,.its really good that way too.

HT
Thanks, the carousel ride was a surprise.
Bacon on everything for weeks to come.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky