KICKIN CHICKEN FOR SUPPER

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Me Wife Fixed a new Recipe tonight, WOW we will defiantly add that into our rotation.
She saw the Recipe in a Magazine .

Here it is

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon olive oil

• 4 (7-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs

• 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided

• 1 (5-oz.) bunch scallions

• 2 tablespoons honey

• 2 teaspoons Asian chile-garlic sauce

• 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce

• 1 large baby bok choy, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)

• 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)

• 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (from 1 [2-inch] piece)

• 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1 Tbsp.)

• 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
GET INGREDIENTSPowered by Chicory

How to Make It

Step 1

Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in upper third position. Heat oil in a deep 4-quart 11-inch skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1 teaspoon of the salt. Place chicken, skin side down, in hot oil. Cook, undisturbed, until skin is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.

Step 2

While chicken cooks, thinly slice scallions; reserve 1/4 cup sliced green scallions for garnish. Stir together honey, chile-garlic sauce, and soy sauce; set aside.

Step 3

Reduce heat under skillet to medium. Add bok choy, bell pepper, and remaining sliced scallions. Cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in 1 1/4 cups water, rice, and remaining 2 teaspoons salt. Nestle chicken, skin side up, in rice mixture; bring to a boil over high. Cover skillet, and transfer to preheated oven. Bake until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken thighs registers 165°F and rice is just tender, about 20 minutes.

Step 4

Increase oven temperature to low broil. Uncover skillet; broil until chicken skin is crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven; spoon honey mixture over chicken. Garnish with reserved sliced scallions.

After it cam out sauced and garnished
IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

My Plate
IMG_1487.jpg

This is a darn good dish, worth the try

Gary

Thanks Guys

Gary

Gonna give this a shot! I have a great recipe for a similar, one pan, Baked Chicken and Rice. The main flavors are Onions, Garlic and Thyme.
How's the Rice Texture? 1/4 Cup of Water is not a lot. I would have expected 1 to 1...JJ

Gonna give this a shot! I have a great recipe for a similar, one pan, Baked Chicken and Rice. The main flavors are Onions, Garlic and Thyme.
How's the Rice Texture? 1/4 Cup of Water is not a lot. I would have expected 1 to 1...JJ
I read that as 1 1/4. And it sure does look good!

Duh! I must of re-read that 3 times and still missed the 1. Thanks...JJ

Reactions: Miss Piggy
Thanks Guys

Gary

Leftovers for today

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky