• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

KICKIN CHICKEN FOR SUPPER

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Me Wife Fixed a new Recipe tonight, WOW we will defiantly add that into our rotation.
She saw the Recipe in a Magazine .

Here it is

Ingredients

• 1 tablespoon olive oil

• 4 (7-oz.) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs

• 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided

• 1 (5-oz.) bunch scallions

• 2 tablespoons honey

• 2 teaspoons Asian chile-garlic sauce

• 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce

• 1 large baby bok choy, thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)

• 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped (1 cup)

• 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger (from 1 [2-inch] piece)

• 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1 Tbsp.)

• 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
GET INGREDIENTSPowered by Chicory

How to Make It

Step 1

Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in upper third position. Heat oil in a deep 4-quart 11-inch skillet over medium-high until shimmering. Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1 teaspoon of the salt. Place chicken, skin side down, in hot oil. Cook, undisturbed, until skin is golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet.

Step 2

While chicken cooks, thinly slice scallions; reserve 1/4 cup sliced green scallions for garnish. Stir together honey, chile-garlic sauce, and soy sauce; set aside.

Step 3

Reduce heat under skillet to medium. Add bok choy, bell pepper, and remaining sliced scallions. Cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp, about 3 minutes. Add ginger and garlic. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in 1 1/4 cups water, rice, and remaining 2 teaspoons salt. Nestle chicken, skin side up, in rice mixture; bring to a boil over high. Cover skillet, and transfer to preheated oven. Bake until a thermometer inserted in thickest portion of chicken thighs registers 165°F and rice is just tender, about 20 minutes.

Step 4

Increase oven temperature to low broil. Uncover skillet; broil until chicken skin is crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven; spoon honey mixture over chicken. Garnish with reserved sliced scallions.

After it cam out sauced and garnished
IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

My Plate
IMG_1487.jpg

This is a darn good dish, worth the try

Gary

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 14, 2013
Looks great . Love the cast iron .

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2016
Sounds and looks fantastic.
Dinner is a winner for sure.

chef jimmyj

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
Gonna give this a shot! I have a great recipe for a similar, one pan, Baked Chicken and Rice. The main flavors are Onions, Garlic and Thyme.
How's the Rice Texture? 1/4 Cup of Water is not a lot. I would have expected 1 to 1...JJ

Miss Piggy

Fire Starter
Nov 24, 2018
Gonna give this a shot! I have a great recipe for a similar, one pan, Baked Chicken and Rice. The main flavors are Onions, Garlic and Thyme.
How's the Rice Texture? 1/4 Cup of Water is not a lot. I would have expected 1 to 1...JJ
I read that as 1 1/4. And it sure does look good!

chef jimmyj

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 12, 2011
Duh! I must of re-read that 3 times and still missed the 1. Thanks...JJ

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Looks Beautiful, Gary!!
Downright Puuurdy!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky