Keep The Taco Trend Going: Adobo Pork Tacos (W/ Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
A couple weeks ago I was cutting up pork butt to make some sausage. Had a ton of it left so decided to clean up a couple pounds, cut it into smaller pieces, and vac seal in 1# packages. About a week and a half ago we were running late getting dinner going and decided to toss this together, and it was fantastic!!

Brown the pork
002.jpg

Add a sprinkle of black pepper
004.jpg

Add a couple tablespoons of my taco seasoning. this will give a bit more of a traditional taco flavor and absorb the moisture from the meat then add 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce and mix in
005.jpg

Homemade fire roasted salsa
006.jpg

Make up some pico a la Joe xray xray
007.jpg

Whip up a batch of guacamole
008.jpg

Get some yellow rice going
009.jpg

Here's dinner. Tacos with cheese, sour cream & pico, the yellow rice, and a guacamole salad
010.jpg

Was quick, easy and REALLY good. I would not have posted this but there have been a number of people sharing different ideas for tacos...and this one was certainly different :emoji_astonished: The general consensus is that there's no such thing as a right or wrong taco, and no such thing as a bad taco. Your only limitation is your creativity. You can do so many different things with tacos they should be a food group in an of themselves.

Oh well...taking a day to slow down a bit after an insane cooking marathon yesterday and doing some catching up here from stuff over the past couple of weeks. If I look up later (ie: after a nap from that breakfast) I may try to get dinner from yesterday posted.

See y'all later,
Robert

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1
Agreed, anything can be made into a Taco and it don't have to include Mexican flavors. I like Tuna Salad Tacos. One of the best Tacos I had, was Chorizo, Potatoes and Shrimp!...JJ

Those look pretty good from here! I agree that there are a ton of ways to make tacos. One of my favorites that I made was with buffalo chicken dip.

Excellent looking tacos! Those are right in my wheel house.

There's no right or wrong way to make a taco. I mean, they make a Choco Taco for pete's sake.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky