Kamado?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I have a couple friends with them and they brag about them tho I haven't actually seen any of them yet or the food from them

I have a large Big Green Egg and can not imagine having anything else. I had an ECB many years ago that was way too much work keeping at the right temperature. I've had various gas grills ranging in price and quality.

The simple fact is that if I build my fire right, one load of lump will go for 18 hours at 225 with no intervention from me. Of course I can also sear steaks and bake pizza at 700 and cook pretty much anything in between.

Were something ever to happen to my egg that wasn't covered by the lifetime warranty, I would replace it immediately.

If you have any more questions, just ask.

I have one.
It's one of those with the tiles. I have had no problems with it, unlike many others.
I've drifted away from it, mostly due to laziness. Since, I have been using a 6 rack Bradley, a 40" Masterbuilt and now a Cookshack Amerique.
The electrics made life so much easier. I just sold my Amerique and am moving up to a Fast Eddy pellet cooker.
My Kamado had a gas option for lighting the lump and worked very well.
I also used a Guru to maintain temps. I used a fibrament pizza stone for a barrier and also for cooking bread and pizza at 7-800 degrees. They really excel at that.
They are expensive, but look into the Kamado Komodo. They are probably the best of the refractory cookers in the world.

There is also one for sale in Boston. The ad is in the forum here.
It's a bigger one than the one in Houston. A #7.
It's a great price, also.
I know, because it's mine
icon_smile.gif

I looked at the "Kamado" Brand by Richard Johnson and if I google it they don't have a good rep and a lot of complaints with the quality, there is even a website forum dedicated to all the complaints. I sent them an e-mail asking a few questions and they never responded.
The Komodo brand is top of the line as far as I can tell, but the price is $2500 and up. I was thinking of perhaps the Grill Dome, Bayou Classic, or the Big Steel Keg. All get great reviews and customers seem happy and the companies all give good cs.

imho, Johnson is a scammer.
The Indonesian company run by Linkletter are the best, but you also pay a premium price.
Check out the Primo also.
Good cooker that's a lot more reasonable in the price.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky