Just st joined

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AussieSean1971

Original poster
Jan 6, 2018
hi I just signed up. I’m from adelaide in australia and just bought a kamado joe. I wanted a Yoder but thought I’d start small budget wise. Did my firs5 smoke yesterday a 1.5kg brisket and after 8hrs in smoker it was still not quite ready. Finished it off in the oven and I think it was ok after anothe4 2.5hrs. Probably used too much smoke as it was very strong flavour but parts of it were quite Juicy and ‘pull apart’. I know brisket is not easy.
Going to do a pork shoulder today for my 47th birthday!
Looking forward to sharing experiences with the forum and starting my lifelong journey of discovery
Regards

Attachments

• 62C9DA88-5BC6-483E-B3E7-00039C2482E5.jpeg
    62C9DA88-5BC6-483E-B3E7-00039C2482E5.jpeg
    127.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 6460071F-5304-4517-AC01-B50C1F5F485A.jpeg
    6460071F-5304-4517-AC01-B50C1F5F485A.jpeg
    187.7 KB · Views: 14
  • A6B37ED6-DA4B-47A5-A91D-6AF771A9568A.jpeg
    A6B37ED6-DA4B-47A5-A91D-6AF771A9568A.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 11
Welcome aboard, sometimes smaller briskets are harder to cook then the larger ones. It's also an ambitious first smoke. Point for that. As far as to much smoke flavor, that's something you'll figure out the more you cook. Different woods for different cook lengths, for different types of meat. It's all fun and part of the learning. Good luck on your next venture.

Chris

Reactions: AussieSean1971
Like Chris said, extra points for tackling a brisket right at the get-go. I am not sure I have the ----- well let's say guts to try a brisket yet and will probably start with spare ribs. I am waiting on the freezing temps to go away before I can try that here though. Been below freezing with night temps below zero (F) for a while now. So, don't use up all that warm weather there so there will be some left for up here soon. ;)

Thanks for the report and pictures
Tom

Welcome to SMF. That's an ambitious first cook, Congrats on tackling that one. What flavor wood did you smoke with?

Welcome aboard, sometimes smaller briskets are harder to cook then the larger ones. It's also an ambitious first smoke. Point for that. As far as to much smoke flavor, that's something you'll figure out the more you cook. Different woods for different cook lengths, for different types of meat. It's all fun and part of the learning. Good luck on your next venture.

Chris
Thanks for the support

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from drizzley chilly day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky