Just some chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
Used the slow n sear. Some wood I cut from the farm. Chops was from a pig we just had butchered it did take long
IMG_20220604_184925276.jpg

IMG_20220604_182424928.jpg

IMG_20220604_193048911.jpg
IMG_20220604_190423350.jpg

IMG_20220604_195314083.jpg

Well not the best pictures but it is what is what it is. Peachey rub on 3 of them. Then bbq sauce .

Attachments

• IMG_20220604_195314083.jpg
    IMG_20220604_195314083.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 5
My internet sucks. Sorry for the pics.

• Haha
Reactions: crazymoon
Looks good Adam.

Point for sure
Chris

Nice job Adam. Those chops look tender, juicy, and delicious. Gotta love the fact that it's all homegrown too. Makes it even more special.

Robert

Looks good to me as well! Hard to beat farm to table!

Ryan

Looks fantastic to me Adam and nothing like locally raised meat. Doesn’t get more local than your own farm!! How do you like that Slow n Sear? I added a Weber Kettle recently snd just borrowed one of those off a buddy to try. Haven’t had a chance yet with allergies just stomping my butt this weekend.

Looks real Good, Adam!!
I've been having trouble ordering Pork Loin from Giant.
And I don't grow my own Piggies.
Nice Job, all around!
Like.

Bear

Chops was from a pig we just had butchered
Folks who have never had a home farm raised pigs just don't know what they're missing. Growing up, we always raised our own, but now I have a good friend that owns and operates a very small farm. She raises a few pigs every year and I'm always on the list, but there's never enough to meet the demand and she's fine with that. Nice job and I'm just a little jealous...

Very nice PC.... I have some thick cut pork T-Bones in the freezer that I was going to do this with

Thanks everyone for the comments.

The slo n sear I haven't mastered yet. Its more of a high n sear then low n sear. Lol. I will keep playing with it

Darned fine lookin' cook Adam! The only hogs I ever had a personal relationship with I met thru a rifle scope, farm pigs taste better. The SnS is touchy, used mine today and I've come to realize that I really like using the charcoal chain method with wood chunks a lot more, takes a lot more time and I get more smoke flavor. When you see Peach tell him to get back on here! RAY

Dang Farmer, that looks like good eats there. Nice job. Those chops are ready for the table, cooked right. Points.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky