Jeff’s Gouda bacon chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BoilerBBQ

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 19, 2018
Madison, WI
I just happened to have some pork chaps thawing out when Jeff’s email went out with a recipe for Gouda and bacon stuffed pork chops.

I started with some super thick chops from Costco. I butterflied them and rubbed them with my pork rub while the bacon was cooking in the cast iron skillet. The store only had Gouda slices (I miss living in WI), but they worked pretty well. Each chop got 2 slices of cheese and about 2 strips of crumbled bacon, then I tied them back together.
42BE19C4-B99B-4D60-B7EF-040EEE878370.jpeg

Onto the WSM with the opening up with the cut side up to hold all the goodies in. Smoked over cherry at 225 to an IT of 142. Then they got a quick sear over the vortex on the kettle to push them over 145 and brown the outside a little.
F50D62A2-2766-4AB3-809C-3D6C2160FCB7.jpeg

They turned out great! I’ll add more cheese next time, maybe some sharp cheddar with the Gouda.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky