Jambalaya cook for Texas flood victims

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cecil

Meat Mopper
Original poster
This weekend our Knights of Columbus council 2657 from Gonzales, Louisiansa traveled over 200 miles to Beaumont ,Texas to cook for people affected by hurricane Harvey. We used 60 pounds of pork, 24 pounds of sausage 15 pounds of onions, and 60 pounds of rice. One anighboring council from St. Amant. Louisians also cooked a 30 gallon pot of pastalya(jambalya cooked with pasta instead of rice) and a large 25 pounds of red beans.
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (1).jpg
thumbnail (2).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail (3).jpg
thumbnail.jpg

I absolutely LOVE jambalaya. What a great gesture on you'll's part. Just shows the tight knit brotherhood between Texas and Louisiana. Laissez les bons temps rouler !!

Really great thing that you all did! I am lucky enough to be a part of a local bbq group that cooks for charity/outreach etc. and in a tough time or time of need, food is always helpful! Great job!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky