Jalapeno Poppers with a twist

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pellet user

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 12, 2017
My daughters boyfriend is from Texas so I wanted him to have a little something from there. My wife said I couldn't do a brisket. I thought about Texas twinkies, but no brisket again. I do have pulled pork, so the light bulb💡💡 went on. Lets substitute pulled pork for brisket.
Went to the local grocery store and found the largest peppers I could find. One pound of cream cheese and some bacon.
Went home and cut the peppers and removed the seeds and membrane. Mixed up the pulled pork and cream cheese. Made sure it was pork heavy and stuffed them into the peppers. Wrapped them in bacon and lightly peppered the outside. Onto the offset at 300° until the bacon get crispy. Pulled them after 35 minutes or so. For the first time making them they turned out really well. I used maple wood for fuel.

Attachments

• poppers.jpg
    poppers.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 52
  • offset.jpg
    offset.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 51
Nice! If you want to kick it up a bit, add some paprika and/or cayenne powder to the cream cheese.

Last edited:
My daughters boyfriend is from Texas so I wanted him to have a little something from there. My wife said I couldn't do a brisket. I thought about Texas twinkies, but no brisket again. I do have pulled pork, so the light bulb💡💡 went on. Lets substitute pulled pork for brisket.
Went to the local grocery store and found the largest peppers I could find. One pound of cream cheese and some bacon.
Went home and cut the peppers and removed the seeds and membrane. Mixed up the pulled pork and cream cheese. Made sure it was pork heavy and stuffed them into the peppers. Wrapped them in bacon and lightly peppered the outside. Onto the offset at 300° until the bacon get crispy. Pulled them after 35 minutes or so. For the first time making them they turned out really well. I used maple wood for fuel.
That looks fantastic to me, great job! :D

Nice job on those. I like spicy and leave the membrane and few seeds. Something I learned from AL cut the top off and put back on after stuffing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky