Instant temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JIMSMOKES

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 27, 2021
Greenville SC
My instant temp probe went stupid on me today. Temps jumping all over the place and new battery didn't help.
So I need a replacement any suggestions without breakin the bank?

Just got a new Inkbird in yesterday myself. Used it once and no complaints.

What brand was the faulty unit ?

Keith

They started a new sale today with a great discount

The old one just says digital thermometer and is orange. I'm sure it was some amazon knockoff but it worked fine for several years.
I've been happy with my IBBQ4T and sous vide ISV200. So I might as well stay with them.
Is there a link to their sale? I'm wantin a vacuum sealer too.

Thermoworks just dropped the price an open box Thermapen One. New price is $73.50 which is $31.50 off. Didn't want to start a new thread so I put it here in case anybody might be interested. :-)

Reactions: millerbuilds
Lot of InkBird fans here but mine has been a battery hog. It is accurate but goes through batteries way too quickly. I only use one a couple times a week and still need to replace the battery every couple of weeks.

Went back to this one ...
... has been reliable and accurate and battery will last 3-4 months.

And it has a built-in bottle opener for emergency libations!

Thermoworks just dropped the price an open box Thermapen One. New price is $73.50 which is $31.50 off. Didn't want to start a new thread so I put it here in case anybody might be interested. :-)

Thanks, that is an awesome price and I have wanted a second, but just could never justify dropping $100. But now.....

- Jason

Reactions: Marknmd
Once upon a time, I was looking at spending $100 on an instant-read thermometer. My wife asked, "What are your other choices?" I told her. The cheapest was like $10. She says, "And how fast does it read the temperature?" I answered, "5 seconds." She looked at me and said, "Are those five seconds worth $90?"

I ordered the $10 thermometer.

The first one didn't work worth a darn. They sent me another one for free. It's still going strong after more than 5 years.

Therm-Pro.

The old one just says digital thermometer and is orange. I'm sure it was some amazon knockoff but it worked fine for several years.
I've been happy with my IBBQ4T and sous vide ISV200. So I might as well stay with them.
Is there a link to their sale? I'm wantin a vacuum sealer too.
Happy to report instant temp,infrared gun, and Vac sealer all workin well.
I need a INKBIRD sticker/sign to hang in grilling area. LoL

Reactions: bigfurmn
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky