In light of the greatest song ever recorded thread ....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Honorable mentions: ( High School Days )
Boston
Journey
Ted Nuggent
Styx
Steve Miller Band
Little River Band

Hard to remember 50+ years ago … also because my first albums were brought home to me by my older sister at her first break in college. Formed my music tastes very different from my middle school friends in the late 60’s. While they were listening to Monkees or worse, I was listening to Dylan, Hendrix, Rory Gallagher, Blues Project, John Mayall, etc.
I think first purchase may have been Jefferson Airplane ‘Volunteers’ or the first Led Zep just mentioned.

Columbia House 8 for a penny! Had to split the 8 with my sister (4 each)
All 8 tracks

Steve Miller Band Fly Like an Eagle
Kiss Destroyer
Aerosmith Rocks
Bay City Rollers Bay City Rollers <==hides my face in shame

At least 3 out of 4 ain't bad

Steppenwolf Gold on 8 track. 60s 70s music still going strong after 50-60 yrs. This CRAP they call music nowadays probably no one will be listening to in 10 years.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
The first I purchased were 3 vinyl albums - must have been around 1975-76.

The Beatles - Live at the Hollywood Bowl
Merle Haggard - Songs I'll Always Sing (a greatest hits collection)

The 3rd was one of those K-Tel records (anyone else remember those?) with a bunch of hits by various artists.

Red

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky