I made some hot sauce

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had to make an update. I just had a quesadilla with the That's Hot sauce and it is 1000% better than yesterday. After adding the aguave and letting it sit overnight a lot of the heat has dissipated.

It is still quite hot at the backend but not scorching hot. You can also really taste the fruitiness from the pineapple and mango now. This might have just passed the sriracha as my favorite.

As far as the PH meter I put it under the sink faucet for a minute then since our water is very hard I put it under the RO faucet after that. Then I put some of the solution in the cap to keep it from drying out.

I just had to make a late night snack. I reheated some Costco hot dog pieces and some chicken. The chicken got some tzatziki sauce and the hot dogs got some of the That's Hot sauce. I added some granny smith apple pieces with salt to cool things down. The That's Hot sauce is getting better with every time I use it.

late_night_food.jpg

Hot dog Chris!! Some really good looking stuff you have going on there. It sounds distinctly to me like you've succumbed to the enablers once again though. They have you in their grasp and there's no escape. You're doomed....doomed I say!! :emoji_laughing: Sure am glad I've stayed out of the clutches of such a group like them (cough, choke)

Robert

Reactions: Chris_in_SoCal
Hot dog Chris!! Some really good looking stuff you have going on there. It sounds distinctly to me like you've succumbed to the enablers once again though. They have you in their grasp and there's no escape. You're doomed....doomed I say!! :emoji_laughing: Sure am glad I've stayed out of the clutches of such a group like them (cough, choke)

Robert
Nofight.jpg

Another late night snack. This time more Costco hot dogs along with some of the spicy Italian sausages I recently made. It needed a nice salad to go with it. The meats got some of the sriracha and the That's hot salsa. Now I feel like a dragon ready to breath fire.

late_night_food_002.jpg

No i did not strain them,
I just mentioned it , because it's a great by product . This was discussed when I was learning to do the ferment . Some added info , and another option if you want to try it .
After blending and adjusting I strained it through some cheese cloth . Only picture I have of the before , but you can see the strained solids on the sheet pan . Ready for the oven .
20221104_145805.jpg
After drying , I broke it into pieces .
20221105_071617.jpg
Then ground it up . This ferment was Reaper , Jalapeno , pineapple , onions and some sweet peppers .
20221105_122645.jpg
I added some turbinado sugar and mesquite powder . Then used it on a couple wings as a test .
20221105_154915.jpg
20221105_161343.jpg

I just mentioned it , because it's a great by product . This was discussed when I was learning to do the ferment . Some added info , and another option if you want to try it .
After blending and adjusting I strained it through some cheese cloth . Only picture I have of the before , but you can see the strained solids on the sheet pan . Ready for the oven .
View attachment 673630
After drying , I broke it into pieces .
View attachment 673631
Then ground it up . This ferment was Reaper , Jalapeno , pineapple , onions and some sweet peppers .
View attachment 673632
I added some turbinado sugar and mesquite powder . Then used it on a couple wings as a test .
View attachment 673633
View attachment 673635

That looks good but dangerous.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky