Hurricane Ida Forecast to Become a CAT4

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
On a brighter note, the guys have been eating good!

Blackened catfish (did 2 rounds; 40 1/2# fillets)
IMG_20210905_180423201.jpg

Scalloped potatoes
IMG_20210905_180054532.jpg

And someone dropped off a 40# box of bananas at the firehouse today so I made a huge pan of banana pudding...
IMG_20210905_183511862.jpg

So the oil leak was from a 12" pipeline in 34ft. of water 2 miles south of Fourchon, La. Crews were able to install a pipe clamp patch for now. Repairs to be made on the pipeline.

Glad they got the leak stopped hopefully not to much damage has already been done and they can fix it without any more leakage.
How's everything else going over there they getting power back up? Clean up going well? Still feeding them hungry Firefighters and are they still on mandatory time?

Glad they got the leak stopped hopefully not to much damage has already been done and they can fix it without any more leakage.
How's everything else going over there they getting power back up? Clean up going well? Still feeding them hungry Firefighters and are they still on mandatory time?
My last day in the kitchen was Tuesday. Fed them a full breakfast, leftovers for lunch, and a huge moose stew for supper. 12# of moose stew meat, 6# onions, 8# potatoes, 7# carrots... Filled up a 20qt. pot. Turned our really good. They went back to regular shifts Wednesday.

I have yet to pick up my yard. I plan on doing that soon though. Power is back up for 95% of Ascension parish. It' the people south of us that are without power and will be for a while longer.

At some point, we will head to Venice to free our houseboat off some pilings. Front deck got hung up when the surge water receded...
IMG_1953.jpg

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Hey guys, it’s been awhile since I last checked in. We were hit by Ida really hard out here. Definitely need prayer for our community. We have been without internet since the storm hit. Yesterday was our first day that we had service. We were out of water for a week. Still no electricity. Probably won’t have electricity for another 2 weeks. We are blessed to own a standby generator so we are still living comfortably. All of our homes had either water damage, broken windows and all had roof damage with my sons house being the worst as he lost the roof over his kitchen and dining room. We lost our business again but we already started the rebuilding process. God has been good to us, no loss of life. Many are already back at work. Grand isle sustained a lot of damage but Port Fourchon is devastate. Officials estimate 3-5 years before it’s completely rebuilt. My son is down there working. He works on a dredge in Port Fourchon but the are picking up pipe all the way in Leeville that the storm pushed there. Here on the bayou probably 99% of homes are damaged.
first picture is one of the many boats that are flipped in the bayou.
Second is the boat shed behind our home.
Third is Golden Meadow.
The rest are pictures of our store.
The people here are very resilient. We have the Army, National Guard, US Marshall’s, linemen, firefighters and cops from all over the country. They are keeping everything in order and feeding a lot of people. But if you’ve ever been down here you will know, some of us want to give back right away by buying lunch or by cooking and feeding those who are here to help. My son has organized a Jambalaya lunch for 60 lineman for this week coming. Sorry about the long post, just wanted to give an update on our area. Have a blessed day.

Attachments

• 268494D8-4EAA-476C-92B2-1269377FAA50.jpeg
    268494D8-4EAA-476C-92B2-1269377FAA50.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 23
  • BAF3FCEA-5048-4A7C-A557-E4203A9C3499.jpeg
    BAF3FCEA-5048-4A7C-A557-E4203A9C3499.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 24
  • CDADBAD5-ECB2-4879-82F7-A72226F04046.jpeg
    CDADBAD5-ECB2-4879-82F7-A72226F04046.jpeg
    111.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 747F8473-B276-4A95-AEF7-77D08F07F5C1.jpeg
    747F8473-B276-4A95-AEF7-77D08F07F5C1.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 396B7767-02E0-4C9F-8763-86E7F0203188.jpeg
    396B7767-02E0-4C9F-8763-86E7F0203188.jpeg
    219.7 KB · Views: 26
  • C87A55CD-9731-483D-97B1-193237117C74.jpeg
    C87A55CD-9731-483D-97B1-193237117C74.jpeg
    222.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 0F970D64-8C18-4BEB-8223-9C4B4E98A6A2.jpeg
    0F970D64-8C18-4BEB-8223-9C4B4E98A6A2.jpeg
    254.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 1269C2E6-C8FA-447A-90AD-9E6D9858F2F2.jpeg
    1269C2E6-C8FA-447A-90AD-9E6D9858F2F2.jpeg
    125.5 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: indaswamp
Tough to see all the damage! But glad you all are safe... that's the most important thing! Thanks for sharing with us.

Ryan

Reactions: savedbygrace
S savedbygrace , I have met a lot of people from all over own there recently while they are in town getting supplies and fuel. Galliano, Lockport, Raceland, Thibadeaux, Des Allemands.....

Gonzales is one of the first towns heading north with provisions.

Sorry about that. Out here is Galliano, Louisiana. You can find YouTube videos of the surrounding areas, Galliano, Golden Meadow, Leeville, Port Fourchon and Grand Isle. The very hardest hit areas are Port Fourchon and Cocodrie. We keep our boat on a lift in Leeville. We picked it up before the storm and brought it home. Good thing because the guy we lease the lift from lost everything there, 3 houses and his bait shop.

Update on the gator attack:
SLIDELL - Wildlife agents captured an alligator they suspect attacked and killed a man after Hurricane Ida flooded his property.

The St. Tammany Parish Sheriff's Office said Monday that authorities captured the 12-foot, 504-pound gator near the area of Avery Estates, where 71-year-old Timothy Satterlee Sr. went missing two weeks ago.

Authorities capture gator suspected of killing man in Ida floodwater

Hello All! Been a long two weeks. I've been helping out neighbors 'cause I have a big generator and all those little automatic house units just don't make it. But I have not had phones, WWW, cable, we did get entergy back last Friday.

House is a little worse for wear but pretty its tuff for being about 140 years old. Lost 1/2 the roof, a couple a awnings, shuttlers, windows, front door, ceilling tiles, under house insulation (fiberglass and foam), OMG the tree limbs! It even blew away the chicken coup, thats just sacrilege !! I had a 25KW generator that never slowed down even when others lost theirs. I have learned that with electricity you have A/C and food.

I kept looking but never did see a flying monkey I know they were out there. Everything can be rebuilt or repaired. BTW I have to tell you how Impressed with this country I am. I was scheduled for a medical procedure and even with the hospital closed to all but emergency cases, Doctors, and the entire surgical team came in at 5AM, Thats AM and not PM, and were great. Can you imagine that and it wasn't even a life threatening proceedure.

People never fail to amaze me, some good and some bad.

PS: the only thing I had for company for 2 weeks was a small radio and a game of computer cribbage. At a penny a point the Computer owes me 190.00+ dollars. LOL

Hello All! Been a long two weeks. I've been helping out neighbors 'cause I have a big generator and all those little automatic house units just don't make it. But I have not had phones, WWW, cable, we did get entergy back last Friday.

House is a little worse for wear but pretty its tuff for being about 140 years old. Lost 1/2 the roof, a couple a awnings, shuttlers, windows, front door, ceilling tiles, under house insulation (fiberglass and foam), OMG the tree limbs! It even blew away the chicken coup, thats just sacrilege !! I had a 25KW generator that never slowed down even when others lost theirs. I have learned that with electricity you have A/C and food.

I kept looking but never did see a flying monkey I know they were out there. Everything can be rebuilt or repaired. BTW I have to tell you how Impressed with this country I am. I was scheduled for a medical procedure and even with the hospital closed to all but emergency cases, Doctors, and the entire surgical team came in at 5AM, Thats AM and not PM, and were great. Can you imagine that and it wasn't even a life threatening proceedure.

People never fail to amaze me, some good and some bad.

PS: the only thing I had for company for 2 weeks was a small radio and a game of computer cribbage. At a penny a point the Computer owes me 190.00+ dollars. LOL

Glad your ok. But the house not so much. Half the roof gone?

Foam... I am SOOOOO relieved that you are ok... Welcome back my friend ... Sorry to hear about the damage you received ... Make sure the computer pays you everything your owed ...

Glad your ok. But the house not so much. Half the roof gone?

Kitchen, sewing room and the dining room. I believe I got whatr they call a micro burst and a tornado played tag with me. I seriously believe it picked up the house and dropped it back down. That caused the ripples in the floor. Were I a married man or had children We would have left. But just me, I wasn't going to leave a fulla stocked liquer cabinet! All the soffit is open and the birds a moving in, they think its a new condo developement for them. LOL

Reactions: daveomak
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky