How to move chuck roast oven to fridge?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinbill1638

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 6, 2014
Western North Carolina
So here's the situation. Just got my new wsm 14 this week and decided to do a chuck roast for the first time, good combination had trouble with temps all day. Got it to foil time and put in oven. It's getting late and still going in oven, i know i need to rest it but what is the best and safe way to go from done, rest, fridge, reheat?

From what i understand i can't take out of oven and put immediately into fridge correct?

Well, you can, but it will probably crack the glass shelves and warm all the contents in the fridge. A better idea is put it on the counter, covered, for an hour or two until a lot of the heat dissipates, then put it in the fridge. If you have glass shelves, use a hot pad on the glass before adding the pan. Use your coldest shelf.

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky