How Many Mes Owners Here?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Which One Do You Have?

• 40'

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 40' with window

• 40' 800 watt

• I like it a lot

• Where did you buy it?

• Sams Club

• Other please list where in a post

• Total voters
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Just picked up a bluetooth electric 40 at Sams. I also got there warranty which when you have the rewards card it extends the warranty to 5 years!  Putting together tonight and seasoning tomorrow

I got my first smoker ever right before Christmas.  It's a Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite 30" Window Smoker from Cabela's. So far I've only used it once and it didn't turn out that well, but I think it was user error and the recipe. I have the AMNPS and I ended up not keeping it lit like I thought I had, so half way into smoking a meatloaf I realized I was just slow cooking my meatloaf. :-) So, I re-lit the AMNPS on both ends this time and smoked the bejeezus out of it. It was unanimous that the over smoking ruined any chances of it being good. :-(

That being said, I have some chicken breast and beans in there trying it for a second time. Hopefully this will turn out better than last time.

I got my first smoker ever right before Christmas.  It's a Masterbuilt Sportsman Elite 30" Window Smoker from Cabela's. So far I've only used it once and it didn't turn out that well, but I think it was user error and the recipe. I have the AMNPS and I ended up not keeping it lit like I thought I had, so half way into smoking a meatloaf I realized I was just slow cooking my meatloaf. :-) So, I re-lit the AMNPS on both ends this time and smoked the bejeezus out of it. It was unanimous that the over smoking ruined any chances of it being good. :-(

That being said, I have some chicken breast and beans in there trying it for a second time. Hopefully this will turn out better than last time.
You aren't alone:

When I first started using my AMNPS (5 years ago) I had trouble getting it to burn properly (My fault---wasn't lighting it good enough), so I lit both ends.

About an hour later I had to put one end out, because it was putting out too much smoke. Too much smoke can be a bad thing, but many, many, many hours of light smoke is a good thing.

Bear

Cooper sharp? Where are you from? We have ours shipped 10lb at a time in a USPS box to AZ from my grandma in PA. Good stuff!
-J

I'm from central PA, I get my Cooper Sharp for $15 for 5 pounds, What part of PA is your grandma from and what do you pay if you don't mind me asking?

I'm from central PA, I get my Cooper Sharp for $15 for 5 pounds, What part of PA is your grandma from and what do you pay if you don't mind me asking?
Chambersburg PA. It's about 3-4$ per pound when it's on sale... Then we have to get it here. Two 5lb blocks fit in a medium USPS flat rate, so that's another $15.

Last edited:
MES 40 inch with window. Got it for a steal at academy in black Friday (got it 8 hours before the sale began because I noticed an ad online for it but the store was advertising the 30 inch instead. Brought it up with the cashier and the manager) got it for $200!!!!!! Which is what they were advertising the 30 inch for in the store opposed to their website. Amazing smoker.

I picked mine up from Cabelas shortly after deer season. Love it sofar. No issues to report and it's pretty easy to use. Made some delicious chicken last night! Got good reviews from our friends on the chow.

I picked mine up from Cabelas shortly after deer season. Love it sofar. No issues to report and it's pretty easy to use. Made some delicious chicken last night! Got good reviews from our friends on the chow. 
Chicken looks Great, Orion!!
icon14.gif

Mighty Tasty!!
drool.gif

One thing I would suggest----If you put them all on one rack, they would run closer to each other in Temp, and you'd only have one rack to wash.

Bear

Thanks Bear! That a good tip that I didn't think about. I will definitely do that next time. I did luck out with cleaning the racks though......my wife scrubbed them for me. :biggrin:

Got the 40 w/window for Christmas..so far its been great and I've learned a lot especially from here.  Got a pork shoulder on right now...here in Illinois its 0 degrees.  Its out in the garage but keeping warm.  Followed the rest and got the AMNPS and have been happy with my results.  Still practicing....

Thanks Bear! That a good tip that I didn't think about. I will definitely do that next time. I did luck out with cleaning the racks though......my wife scrubbed them for me.
biggrin.gif
LOL----That's how mine get clean, but if there's only one or two racks to wash, the Evil Eye isn't as bad.
wife.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky