How Long of a Boil Is Sufficient ??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1 1/2 to 2 hours. You want it soft and pliable but not soft and fall apart. You will most likely need to weigh it down with a plate or something because it likes to float.

As I often said... I don't own a cell pone... and a camera with sims card is a PITA... So sorry... no pictures...

I went 1 hour 45 min. ... They were really tender and pulled apart/tore easy when trying to scrap the fat off (must be an easier way)... all cut up and six trays worth in the dehydrator ....

You might get it done in an hour and 15 or 20 then. My water boils at 200F so usually closer to 2 hours for me. You want it soft but not to tear easily. Then the fat scraping isn’t so bad.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky