How long for a pork roast?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tlester

Original poster
Feb 18, 2009
Hi all -

How long does it take to smoke a pork roast? I'm figuring till it hits 160.

-Tom

somewhere between 45 minutes and 24 hours.

actually it depends how big the roast is, what temperature the smoker is at, the temperature of the air outside, and the fat/tissue content of that particular piece of meat.

in short, i dont know.

Welcome to the forum. You should pop on over to roll call and introduce yourself. You know, things like what kind of smoker you have, experience, etc. We're a nosy bunch around here.

Nailed that one on the head. Allow for roughly 1 to 1 1/2 hours per pound. If you are going to slice it take it to 165. If you want to pull it. looking at 195 to 205.

Hope that helps a little, and really stop by and introduce yourself in Roll Call.

Actually... I've been a member for a while, for some reason when I went to log in today, it didn't recognize my User ID. So, I had to recreate my ID. Same one as I had before.

Did they move servers or do some sort of migration that would have caused me to lose my ID? I know on the weekends there were a lot of connection issues.

Sorry about that! I don't know how long it's been since you were on, but the forum had a major meltdown awhile back. Almost everything from this year was lost.

No worries. It's not a big deal to re-register.

@kingudaroad - I'm not sure actually. It's not a shoulder, it's not a loin. Just a "pork roast" according to the package. ;)

I'd figure up to an hour a pound, but those things tend to have a mind of their own sometimes. Try it at around 240 degrees till the insides are about 190, 205 for fall apart tender.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky