• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hot Dog!!! w/ q-view

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nickelmore

Smoking Fanatic
Feb 5, 2009
Nice Qview, how bout the recipe? And what you would change.

How long did you smoke them?

rstr hunter

Smoking Fanatic
Dec 8, 2009
They are done with Sheep casings. I'm not ready to give the recipe yet as while these are pretty good, they are not yet what I'm looking for. Will do a q-view with a recipe when I get it right.

nickelmore

Smoking Fanatic
Feb 5, 2009
I was looking at making a couple of pounds of of them,

But playing with receipes is part of the of the fun.

mics

Apr 30, 2010
know this is alittle late but i was readying this thread and i dont understand. so heres the question,if the dogs are smoked why do you parboil them after.what does this do to the hotdog.

lugnutz

Smoking Fanatic
May 17, 2010
know this is alittle late but i was readying this thread and i dont understand. so heres the question,if the dogs are smoked why do you parboil them after.what does this do to the hotdog.
Ok I've been doin some reading so I'll take a stab at this..from one noob to another don't take this for gold. 

They are not smoked long enuff to be "cooked" just long enuff to be flavored. Then they are par boiled to kill off any nasties before being bagged and tagged.   I do believe after all of this process they still need to be cooked/boiled before serving.

fftwarren

Smoking Fanatic
May 26, 2010
I may have to try my hand at some homemade hotdogs this year. I'm not a huge fan of hotdogs but its mostly because of what they contain

danderson3399

Jul 5, 2010
We are all a bunch of "MEAT GAZERS"
icon_smile.gif

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
What kind of casings did you use?

Just kidding.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky