Hot burger or Dog pattie, you decide

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

biaviian

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
I woke up this morning with the urge to have a fatty for dinner.  I laid out my bacon then ground beef then I seasoned it.  Next came the cheese, smoked cheddar.  It was then that I opened the fridge looking for some veggies that I saw the hot dogs and because they are nutritional equals I decided to go with the dogs.  

I was perplexed with how I would eat it.  I use ketchup on my burgers but mustard on my dogs.  To me, they are mutually exclusive, so I was in a pickle, a sweet pickle.  Because I couldn't make a choice, I decided to go with hot sauce, and I'm glad I did.  I let it rest then I cut it, topped it with muenster cheese, and put it over the fire, on foil, then onto buns and into our bellies.

nice fattie .... 
points.gif

That does look good.

They way you lay the bacon out first then roll, means you have bacon inside too.

That does look good.

They way you lay the bacon out first then roll, means you have bacon inside too.

Exactly.  I try to do that with all of my fatties.  I want thin layers that are throughout so it can be eaten on a bun and get a similar taste each bite.  You can follow a vein of bacon in that last picture that ends at the cheese.

That looks tasty,but I will need a dill pickle,ketchup and mustard.
icon14.gif
I almost put mayo, ketchup, pickle, onion, and mustard on the sandwich.  

The best dog I've ever had was a place in Easton, PA called Jimmy's.  They had ketchup, mustard, dill pickle, and onions, maybe not onions.  If you got one with everything, they skipped the ketchup.  I guess they didn't think ketchup belonged on the bun.  An old man owned and ran it every day for nearly his whole life.  A few fingers on his left hand are permanently stained yellow from all of the mustard.  Boiled dogs and steamed buns.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky