Honey Mead?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mine was left in the primary for about 3 months then in the secondary for 6 months. I then racked to another carboy to polish it, bottling it a couple weeks later. The first bottle was drank early, still have one bottle left which has been in the bottle about 2 years.

Primary 30 days, 2ndary 30 days then bottled. Tasted leftovers right away, pretty good. Opened a bottle after 2 months, what a difference, much more balanced. You could drink it all right away but try to wait.
Make a different batch when finished so you can space them out

I had really good success using 18lbs. Of blackberry honey, cotes de blanc yeast, an acid blend and yeast nutrients. Primary for 1-2 mo. Secondary for 6mo. Then racked into another carboy until I had 20mo age on it. I would say it probably peaked from about 15-20mo. It's still drinking great. Cheers!

Hi all I'm fairly new to the forum and I have been getting more and more interested in making some kind of mead. A little back ground info my father-in-law works bees for a living so I have an amply supply of some really great honey. I would love a recipe to make some kind of mead or beer with his honey. I would more than likely be using orange blossom ( he makes Tupelo, Wild Flower, and Orange Blossom) since it is my favorite. Any help would be great!
Believe it or not, honey doesn't have enough nutrients for efficient yeast activity. I made mead for my vinegar fermentation small business and it was a challenge. Proper nutrients and a workable specific gravity are key.

If your still looking for mead making advice etc, here in 2017 reply to the thread. I have been making it for over half a decade now and might be able to give a little insight

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky