Homage to my Best Friend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My condolences Mike. It's tough knowing he's not going to be there anymore. I experienced a similar situation back in 1990. First my father passed away a month before my daughter was born. Then a few months later my best friend died of Leukemia. Needless to say I spent a lot of time in the hospital that year. Reflect on the good times and don't dwell on the bad.

Chris

My condolences Mike. It's tough knowing he's not going to be there anymore. I experienced a similar situation back in 1990. First my father passed away a month before my daughter was born. Then a few months later my best friend died of Leukemia. Needless to say I spent a lot of time in the hospital that year. Reflect on the good times and don't dwell on the bad.

Chris
Small world. John contracted a form of Leukemia about 20 years ago, and beat it. We thought that was a miracle. At least it did give him another 20 years.
My daughter was also born in 1990.

That stinks.
John Lee sounds like a great guy, and he might surprise you when passing through the veil to the other side… his gas grilling might be heavenly, and he might shame you!
One thing he was not, was patient.:emoji_smile: Couldn't do delayed gratification at all. That's why he almost always used gas. Also why I only took him fishing once.
He couldn't hold onto a wine to let it age at all (I have a cellar for that. His wife would hand me bottles that needed more age, and I'd bring them back in a couple years.), and he could never save a good bourbon for a special occasion. He preferred to drink it right away. And in retrospect, maybe he was right to do so.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
That's a long time friendship. I know it has to be hard. My condolences

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky