Hi all!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

celentano

Original poster
Mar 28, 2024
Hi, I'm Steve, I just bought my first Royal Gourmet smoker and tried the brisket, it turned out good. I was having a bit of trouble with the smoke, what size firewood should I use and what kind of ribs and chicken am I going to try. I like to cook every Saturday, I usually add some ribs to smoke them too

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to the forums, and brisket is known to be finicky at times.

Chris

Reactions: celentano
Welcome Steve. For ribs, I prefer spares or St. Louis style. They're both the same ribs, but the St. Louis style has the breast bone removed. For chicken, thighs are my favorite, but it's hard to get crispy skin using a smoker. After smoking, a quick trip under the oven broiler will help crisp them up. Show us what you got...

Reactions: celentano
thanks for the welcome!
royal.png

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome to SMF from SE GA and you've landed at the best spot on the worldwideweb. You're probably using charcoal as a base so I would just add some wood chunks in the mix.
Cherry for the ribs and something mild like pecan for the birds.

Keith

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky