Hey all

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Coyote Jack

Original poster
Jan 4, 2021
New to the site and new to smoking. But I am a foodie. My wife gave me a "Smokey Mountian Series" Model 32954 electric smoker for Christmas. Can't wait to break it in and try a rack of ribs or a pork shoulder.

I found this site by asking google if I should leave the skin on, or take it off of a pork shoulder before I smoke it. Glad I did. Looking forward to reading all the great advice I have seen on the site while lurking.

Jack

Welcome to the site, take the skin off, no smoke will make it thru, also the rub wont help on the skin

Reactions: Coyote Jack
Thanks guys. I am in New Brunswick, Canada. I have made lots of sausage in the last 15 years or so but I am a rookie at at smoking. Looking forward to it though.

Jack

Welcome glad to have you on board. One of the greatest places for information on smoking meat and other cooks. Don't get confused with some of the replies you may receive as they will be personal preferences.

Warren

Reactions: Coyote Jack
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky