Help with Amazing smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I put mine on the left side (opening in the front ) next to the RTD (it does raise the temp on the thermo but i use my ET732 for correct temp)

what flavor of pellet are you using ? the fruit pellets (cherry,apple,peach,etc ) need to be mixed with hard wood pellets (maple,oak,hickory,etc) to help burn.

I use a 1/3 hard wood and 2/3 fruit pellets and give them a toss .

hope this helps and good luck and happy smoking

I forgot to ask is that the smoking tube ? thats what i have

Last edited:
Useing Hickory and the square amazing smoker .I put it in the same place you did but still had to relight it 4 times then gave up .

Light the pellets outside the smoker and let them go for 10-15 minutes to get a good 'cherry' going. Make sure air intake and exhaust are both wide open.

Mike

I have a texas elite and I do it the same as bigblue. And I also use the pellet tube with bbq delite pellets. You do have to let it get going for a while outside the smoker and put the mouth of the tube near the gap where the door closes on the traeger on the left side. This way the smoke will travel the length of the smoker across the meat before it gets to the exhaust.

Last edited:
Thanks guys come to think of it i only let it burn like 2 minutes before placing it in the smoker maybe i should have read the directions 

the Square box one, can be hard to keep lit sometimes.  The company I bought mine from, now has the tube, and they have heard great reviews on the tube.  I will probably be upgrading soon.  

but in regards to your issue light it and let it get started with the lid open and then you should be fine.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky