Help quick

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin pop-pop

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Allentown Pa.
Morning ,
I am making 25 lb. sticks today . Is it ok to mix the ECA into meat with my power mixer? IMG_1968.JPG

I don't think so. I could be wrong but I think you want to do it by hand. Hopefully someone with more knowledge with it will chime in.

Ryan

Reactions: smokin pop-pop
I don't have a mixer so I don't know how aggressive they are. That's a lot to mix by hand and it has to be well mixed.
If it was me, I'd try it. Is there a speed setting of some sort?

Reactions: smokin pop-pop
Hey guys thanks for the info. So I did use the mixer for the ECA. I think it will be ok, I'm more concerned with the stuffer doing more damage than the mixer!! I am done with my Cabelas stuffer I had meat coming out of the top as I was cranking down on the shaft. Nothing but a giant headache!! i hope it didn't ruin the meat cause i had to keep scooping it out and putting it back into the stuffer. Well we shall see in about 6-7 hours IMG_2005.JPG IMG_2006.JPG IMG_2007.JPG IMG_2009.JPG

Last edited:
Glad to see you made it happen pop-pop! I think they'll be fine.
That meat you had to put back in the stuffer will be just fine. Don't give up on the Cabelas. Pushing that stuff through a tiny tube is tough for any stuffer, but if you're going to be making 25# batches you might consider upgrading...
That's a load of sticks! What kind are they?

Dan

Glad to see you made it happen pop-pop! I think they'll be fine.
That meat you had to put back in the stuffer will be just fine. Don't give up on the Cabelas. Pushing that stuff through a tiny tube is tough for any stuffer, but if you're going to be making 25# batches you might consider upgrading...
That's a load of sticks! What kind are they?

Dan
Thanks Dan! They are just Cabelas Original and my goal is to get them to a SLIM JIM like consistency and taste

If your going to keep doing them.. and going a smaller size casing... you really do need to downsize on the stuffer... a 5lb stuffer is what you'll be needing ...

The LEM 5lb Mighty Bite is a good one (metal gears)... Try to avoid the ones that have the 90` elbow coming out of the bottom of the pot.. a lot of wasted meat that doesn't make it into the casing...

The LEM 5lb Mighty Bite is a good one (metal gears)... Try to avoid the ones that have the 90` elbow coming out of the bottom of the pot.. a lot of wasted meat that doesn't make it into the casing...
I am hoping to find a motorized one cause I stuff by myself and it's a PITA to do both the crankin and moving the casing along

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky