Help, corn husks kept breaking off.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

stephanie nail

Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Columbus, OH
I started pulling the husks back on the corn, individually, and either they came totally off of kept breaking.  This totally frustrated me, so I schucked them all I currently have them soaking.  Any suggestions on how to still do them on the smoker?

When I grill or smoke corn on the cob I soak the whole thing, cob and husk, in cold water for about 2-3 hours. But since you've already pulled your's off I would just layer them all around the cob, and wrap it with some butcher's cord to ensure it stays on. I normally leave mine on and then pull the husks back and remove the silks after they've soaked. Then I rub it down with Miracle Whip, sea salt, cracked pepper, and some smoked paprika, pull up the corn husks and tie the husks off with butcher's cord/twist tie. Toss on a hot grill for about an hour to an hour and a half or a smoker for about 2 hours and then enjoy it...

Later...

Brekar...

Last edited:
I actually ended up using aluminum foil, I dried the corn, coated it with butter and some seasoning wrapped it up, cooked it for 1.5 hours, opened the top, put another peice of wood on for another 1/2 hour.  Worked great>

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky