• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Hello to all from Central Florida!

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Leftysmoke

Aug 13, 2019
Just joined again! Couldn’t retrieve any info form my old email. Anyway I’m glad to be back! Love to hear from all guys and gals smoking meat all over the place!

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Welcome back to the site, happy to have ya rejoin the fun.

Chris

Brass Man

Fire Starter
Dec 31, 2018
Thanks! Brass man! I also played trumpet 7 years! You?

Lefty - been playing since I started at age 10. I'm 68 now. Play in two bands in our 55+ community. I'm the lead trumpet in a 15 piece swing band. Our performance catalogue is up to 170+ songs. We play music from the 1920's up to the 90's, including vocals. One of our trumpet players is from Canada. He and his wife have the Canadian equivalent of 16 Grammys between them. He has done at least 24 arrangements for us in the last two years. He's got more for us when he returns in late September. Half of the group are retired band directors. One of our tenor players is 83 and he can still rock it! Our opener is "Bandstand Boogie" and the closer is the original Glenn Miller piece "In The Mood."

The other is an 8 piece back up band for 5 vocalists. 7 of the 8 play in the swing band. 2 keyboards, a bass, a guitar, drum set and a horn section of a trumpet (me), and alto sax and the 83 year old tenor player. We do a lot of Motown, R & B and the like. The vocalists do 3 and 4 part harmony. Up to 50 songs in the book with more to come. This particular group has only be playing together for 2 years. We do six dances in our ballroom each season.

Between the two bands we play about 12 to 14 gigs a year. Usually from late September to Memorial Day. Right now we have gigs in October, November, December and two in February. Other dates are tentative and we are waiting on confirmation.

drdon

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 20, 2012
Welcome back.....We absolutely love it here! Hope you got lots to show.

Smokinoak

Fire Starter
Nov 5, 2018
Lived in St. Cloud, Fl. For 32years before moving to Gibsonia, Pa. Go figure!
Welcome to the forum!

TominLeesburg

Nov 19, 2017
I am from Okahumpka, Fl which is S of Leesburg. Enjoy all music, originally from Detroit, Mi area. Picture is me with the famous belly dancer Carol who was part of the Charlie Wilson's War. Met her in Rio Grand River of Texas and had the pleasure working with her for several years at the Border Fest along with Charo.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky