Hello fromSouth Miami-Dade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MarceloYanes

Original poster
Oct 15, 2017
Greetings, all. I have been using a gas grill and a 22" Weber for my outdoor cooking. I've done some pretty good smoking on the Weber with indirect heat and wood chips and have been pleased with the results. I just got an Oklahoma Joe offset smoker, and did the RTV sealant and tape around the doors. Seals well. Got two better thermometers as well.

Hurricane Irma left my area with an awful lot of trees on the ground, and I've taken advantage and amassed quite a bit of live oak, mango, and avocado. I'm hoping to learn from you guys and make some ymmies for the family.

Welcome Marcelo ! I've never smoked with mango or avocado. Maybe smoke some pork loin and make some Cubanos with it? Unfortunately we cant get Cuban bread here and have to use ciabatta instead.

Bill

Greetings, all. I have been using a gas grill and a 22" Weber for my outdoor cooking. I've done some pretty good smoking on the Weber with indirect heat and wood chips and have been pleased with the results. I just got an Oklahoma Joe offset smoker, and did the RTV sealant and tape around the doors. Seals well. Got two better thermometers as well.

Hurricane Irma left my area with an awful lot of trees on the ground, and I've taken advantage and amassed quite a bit of live oak, mango, and avocado. I'm hoping to learn from you guys and make some ymmies for the family.

Ooo wow that mango wood sounds awesome for smoking and probably very expensive on the retail market. In a matter of ways you got lucky with free mango wood. Welcome Marcello to SMF

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a Very warm November day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Welcome Marcelo ! I've never smoked with mango or avocado. Maybe smoke some pork loin and make some Cubanos with it? Unfortunately we cant get Cuban bread here and have to use ciabatta instead.

Bill
Thanks for the suggestion. Cuban sandwiches don't use pork loin, it's too dry. The traditional recipe calls for a pork shoulder, which is probably a more forgiving cut anyway.

Ooo wow that mango wood sounds awesome for smoking and probably very expensive on the retail market. In a matter of ways you got lucky with free mango wood. Welcome Marcello to SMF
Thanks! I'll tell you how it goes after it dries out a bit in a few months.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky